Sarah Palin Slams MSNBC for Cracking Jokes About Romney’s Black Grandson

Mitt Romney family

Sarah Palin called MSNBC hosts and guests “despicable” for mocking Mitt Romney’s adopted infant grandson, Kieran Romney, who is black.

During a segment of “Melissa Harris-Perry” on Sunday, the panelists joked about a viral photo of the Romneys sitting in an idyllic setting surrounded by their 21 grandkids including little Kieran dressed in a pink onesie.

One of the panelists, actress Pia Glenn, sang “one of these things is not like the other,” while another joked that the photo was representative of the Republican Party’s lacking diversity.

Mitt Romney family

“It really sums up the diversity of the Republican Party, the RNC. At the convention, they find the one black person,” said comedian Dean Obeidallah.

MSNBC host Harris-Perry joked about Romney’s grandson marrying Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s daughter, North West.

Republicans came out swinging. CNN contributor and Republican Ana Navarro called the segment “absolutely bad taste.”

In a blistering post on her Facebook page, Palin wrote: “Leftist media hounds are not expressing an opinion with this attack; they are expressing a prejudice that would never be accepted if it came from anyone else but the lib[eral] media,” Palin wrote. “This latest attack from the Left is despicable.”

She added: “It’s a beautiful thing the Romney family has done by embracing “the spirit of adoption.” What on earth is more beautiful? Shame on MSNBC for mocking this.”

Following the GOP backlash, MSNBC panelists Obeidallah and Glenn offered apologies, defending their comments as non-racist.

In a statement to CNN, Obeidallah apologized for his joke, but he said he would continue to “cross the line” in the future. “Occasionally my jokes have been known to ‘cross the line,’ and I can assure you that in the future some of my jokes will do that again,” he said.

61 Responses to “Sarah Palin Slams MSNBC for Cracking Jokes About Romney’s Black Grandson”

Trendsetter says:

Bye Felicia

The Master Beta :D says:

:tea: :rolleyes:

says:

fck sarah palin :tea:

i refuse to read what that cow tambout.

the chic was outta line for the “song” tho :tea:

Trendsetter says:

In other news, I just came across this name while reading the local news…. VenusLa’V
    That’s a hell of a first name

Yea it was done in poor taste

says:

also

Kieran
    The name Kieran is a baby boy name.

Gaelic Meaning:
    The name Kieran is a Gaelic baby name. In Gaelic the meaning of the name Kieran is: Black.

American Meaning:
    The name Kieran is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Kieran is: Black.

Celtic Meaning:
    The name Kieran is a Celtic baby name. In Celtic the meaning of the name Kieran is: Dark skinned.

Irish Meaning:
    The name Kieran is an Irish baby name. In Irish the meaning of the name Kieran is: Black or dark.

muhfuggas thank they so slick & chit :tea:

The Master Beta :D says:

He looks pure evil sitting there grinning :D umph

Angiegirl says:

Oddly enough, I agree with what she said about the comments being in poor taste. #thistime

But are we just not gonna talk about how Mitt Romney’s wife’s toes look like they trying to pull up that grass?……Oh we’re not?…..Okay :coffee:

Morning and Happy New Year’s Eve everyone! :waves:

libra80sbaby says:

:facepalm: This chit just ignorant. Sarah Palin is right

Str8tUpMenace says:

:no: <— me SMDH at the ignorance

lovezoe says:

Kids should always be off limits. I like MHP, but :no:

They should just talk about her lisp :shrug:
    I call MHP Lispy :grill:
    Leave the baby outta this Lispy :rules:
    Go sit down MrsYouBetcha :chase:

Hey Fay :kiss: So you mean to tell me they just named that baby a color?! :blink:

GAGIRL87 says:

Fay very interesting :no:

rwilliams4782 says:

He has more money than I do already so ima let that be lol..

bklyngirl says:

Why little Kieran dressed in pink though and all the other lil boys dressed in blue??? Something doesn’t seem right about that!

rwilliams4782 says:

Sarahs son named trip or trap?

GAGIRL87 says:

Zoe is that your baby he’s adorable :love:

GAGIRL87 says:

He’s an adorable baby so fat & juicy!

rwilliams4782 says:

So no one is gonna discuss his wifes feet tho?

lovezoe says:

GA- yes it is!

MSVALLDAY says:

Say it ain’t so I loves me some Melissa Harris-Perry!

But on a side note auntie would it be possible to remove the Ford advertisement. It really pops up at the wrong time when I’m trying to close the screen as my boss is walking up. Love ya Thanks!!!!

Milky :kiss: (with namebrand Chapstick cherry on)
    Good Morning
    Zoe
    Menace
    GA
    Beta
    Therapist
    AnG :D

*adds Rwilliams name to my greeting post* :lol:

MSVALLDAY says:

Angiegirl says:

____________________________________________

We really need to have that convo about dem weed wacker toes she got dere.

rwilliams4782 says:

Hey DTTS

MissHarlem says:

HELLO EVERYONE!!! HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE :yahoo:

FAYLA :hug: :kiss: you betta school mofos. They might as well name that baby lil nigg*. You must know what you are naming your children

We need a Medical Minute first though y’all :lol:
    She has MS… Maybe them some MS toes and should be off limit too :kona:
    Rwilliams you are the closest to a Dr on here now-so whatchew think is up with her toes? :eek:

MissHarlem says:

SON :nono: she married Mitt’s ass so nothing is off limits. GO IN

GAGIRL87 says:

Hey DTTS bye DTTS :kiss:

Just Looking says:

Good Morning All! You to Missss Sandra :hug:

(SO WHAT)

My boss joked about our Jewish coworker daughter a non Jewish Just light humor. But once again, I joke about taboo things… :shrug: :tea:

S/N This is only a way for them to begin to attack another black women on MSNBC…next they will be talking about her lisp and braids. :kona:

Oh we got SON here too now! Them some MS toes or nah? :lol:

Happy New Year to you as well! Keep up the good work Grasshopper!!!! :2dance:

rwilliams4782 says:

Well since she has MS she prob has difficulty walking.. I know you can lose sensation but idk if they look lkke that

Just Looking says:

@R WILIIAMS – You really is a FEWL! I seent your comment about check clearing :ghost:

@on about her feet, those CAN NOT be here feet. They have been photo shopped from a monster. :facepalm:

MissHarlem says:

JUST :hug: :kiss: I read about the great news with a fellow poster. WONT HE DO IT :nun: hope all is well with you hunny bunny

Just Looking says:

@Professor – Lets do our thing delivery by 12/31, cause Macys, Nords and Neimans had some SYCK sale. JUST SAYING!!!!

Angiegirl says:

Nah that aint no MS. She got toes like Schmiegel from Lord of the Rings. Them toes is made for scaling walls.

MissHarlem says:

SON them some fckd situations called feet :no:

COOKING
    I already talked about Lispy :ashamed: #ionlikeherlispasmuchasjerryslip

Why GA? :wail:

Imma rename some people my damn self and call them what they look like :pc:

rwilliams4782 says:

Those toes look like rheumatoid arthritis

Just Looking says:

@Harlem – yes, isn’t he good!!!!!! I know you told MOMS give her a big ole Happy New Year hug and kiss.

Yes, she her moms was resting yesterday and will make her walk today. :danban1:

MissHarlem says:

RWILLIAMS her son or grandson (who the fck cares) is Trip :facepalm:

So y’all saying mitt ain’t sugging on them joints huh :rofl:

rwilliams4782 says:

Off topic.. I will never forget a funeral that a lady was crying so bad she didnt notice she stepped in a red ant pile

JerseyGirl68 says:

Has anyone on the panel taken in a Black foster child or adopted a Black orphan or a Black child that was put up for adoption? *cricket* Then they all should stfu.

Black liberals are disingenuous. If Sarah Palin or some Blonde pundit on Fox News had sung that song, then Black liberals and phony White liberal Democrats (who pretend to like Blacks to get their votes) would have went in on them and called for their firing.

Both of those Black women are coons and should be fired.

MissHarlem says:

JUST I did tell her!! She was happy. I gotta text you the Donate Life Promotional calendar for 2014. My mom made the cover. She is dead smack in the middle hoggin up the pic :lol: When I go to Miami in Jan Im gonna drive past University of Miami to see if they put up the billboard :danban:

rwilliams4782 says:

I wanna adopt a yt blue eyed baby and poke his soft spot lol..yall im just kidding

IsThisThingOn... says:

This the same punta who failed to “embrace” the truth about her own teen daughter’s pregnancy and the birth of the baby w/down syndrome????? :huh:

Yeah, she’s got hot air for brains…fly away Pale’n :pigsfly: :bye:

Milky says:

@dtts :kiss: :hug:

Just Looking says:

JerseyGirl68 says:

Yes, my parents did it for 15 years. They tried to adopt one, but the mom fought it. My mother was heartbroken.

MissHarlem says:

:nun: WONT I DO IT :nun: does preventing your niece from entering adoption and taking care of her count? Yup exactly :coffee: As I was saying FCK SARAH AND MITTS ASS AND FCK WHOMEVER NAME THAT CHILD IN LAMENS TERMS LIL NIGG* :eyeroll: chile

rwilliams4782 says:

And another damn thing my grandpa got the nerve to sell those big azz tootsie rolls in the vending machine for 1.00 lol

MissHarlem says:

I fonted that to say you dont know what others do behind close doors. Black people been takin in our own for decades. I will even go as far as centuries. We take in our own fam and such ESPECIALLY during the era of slavery. I digress though bc this aint school. We never get the proper respect in this regard and that makes me upset. Its enough to burn my biscuits

Yeah mannie people on here right now are raising children who aren’t theirs! Go read

rwilliams4782 says:

I dont think his mother could have done a better job so im glad he is ok pink outfit n all..

Just Looking says:

MissHarlem says:

What the font you talkn bout? GIRL YOU BETTA PREACH!!!!!!!! :nun:

Leave her here, it’s a :newpost:
    Steady trouncing on them credentials :ha:

AlluringlySweet says:

I want to know why they have that little boy dressed in pink. I don’t pretend to understand the panelist “humor” because had the shoe been on the other foot it would be fire in the city. Him not being dressed like all the other little boys says more to me than his name or their “jokes”.