Skeletal Remains Might Belong to Missing Autistic Boy

Skeletal Remains Might Belong to Missing Autistic Boy

Skeletal remains found in Queens, NY, might belong to Avonte Oquendo, a 14-year-old Autistic boy who went missing from his school in September.

Police searched the East River when an arm washed up on shore in College Point, Queens. A 14-year-old girl walking along the banks of the river spotted the arm and tweeted about her macabre find before calling police.

“Instead of calling 911 right away, she got on Twitter and talked about it,” a police source told the NY Post. “Then she finally told her mom and they called 911.”

“We found the arm and it’s been here a while because it’s skeletal,” the source said. “But where there’s an arm, there’s a body.”

A pair of 5 1/2 sized boys sneakers found near the site of the arm’s discovery matched the description of the sneakers the boy was wearing when he disappeared, according to CBS 2 and the New York Post.

The NYPD have reportedly contacted the boy’s family.

• NY Police Commish: “Not Hopeful” Missing Autistic Boy is Still Alive
  • Father Unsure if Boy On Subway Train is Missing Son
  • Child Missing: Jade Morris
  • Crime: Missing Boy’s Mother Told Police She Had No Child

80 Responses to “Skeletal Remains Might Belong to Missing Autistic Boy”

rwilliams4782 says:

Awww this is sad…but it’s closure

Jamillah says:

So very sad. My heart breaks for his family.

BigSisterGorgeousOne says:

:pray: that this is not that sweet boy up top and that he is found soon

Morning people :hi:

SummerBaby says:

This is so sad! :cry:

Jesus :facepalm: let me go for my 30 min walk :kona:

Caramel Rain says:

:( sad. so sad.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

I hope it’s not this little boy. smh. Prayers up

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

@Kenya I’m talking to you downstairs.

iAmChan says:

I’d hate to get this news, but closure was needed…..

Hi @ BigSis

deedeegirl says:

Very sad, was hoping they would find him safe.

Caramel Rain says:

Ok. Keya, Lemme go be nosey.

rwilliams4782 says:

My high is blown…need to go back downstairs..

Hello @iAmChan

FuturedocDonte says:

iAmChan says:

@ BigSis, I see that Kast is gonna be at the Hangout Fest in Gulf Shores, AL May 16-18 and at the Firefly Fest in Dover, DE in June….

BigSisterGorgeousOne says:

@iAmChan I saw that the only day and was thinking :steer:

Beta says:

Um Sandy Mae release me ma’am :waiting:

@BigSis

Driving to Gulf Shores? They have something going on in GA too, but I forgot where. They have to be coming to the A and up here near me, I hope.

He took off his sneakers and waded in the water and he drowned. Sad. :(

BigSisterGorgeousOne says:

iAmChan I was thinking the same thing but I have not been to the Gulf in a while (some good eating) plus I can def see them more than once :yes:

Blanche Devereaux says:

The fact that she hopped on the internet before even thinking to call the police disturbs me and shows how far these younger generations have fallen. But God bless and keep the family :nun: I couldn’t imagine the pain.

Yardgirl says:

Prayers go out to the family. :pray: Sad news but at least they will have closure. R.I.P. in heaven little man :cry:

@ BigSis

The Hangout Fest is right by my hometown of Pensacola…..I wanna go, but then again……I ain’t sure. But I will see Kast more than once during this here tour.

MsB2u says:

so so sad :cry:

anw_rootbeer says:

Lord our kids. They will take to social media before contacting the police.

Good Morning Loves. Good Morning Sandra. :hug:

kamadiva says:

Sad for whomever the remains may be…..

:hi: ALL!

This is so sad. Even if it’s not him it’s someone else who died a horrible death. Terrible.

What up @Razzmanian Devil

COLLEGE POINT, Queens (PIX11) – A human arm and legs that were discovered along the shore of College Point, Queens, are being investigated as a possibly belonging to Avonte Oquendo, a missing boy with autism who disappeared in October.

Avonte Oquendo
      At 7:16 p.m. Thursday, near Powell Cove Boulevard and Endeavor Place, an arm was discovered by a teen, who took a picture of the body part and showed it to her mother back home, who then called police. Police then launched a search of the area, turning up two legs and a torso.

The feet had a pair of size 5 1/2 Air Jordans, a police source told PIX11 News. Those are the kind of shoes Oquendo was wearing when he disappeared from a school in Long Island City on Oct. 4. The park where the body parts washed up is 11 miles from Oquendo’s school.

The Oquendo’s family attorney, David Perecman, told PIX11 that underwear and jeans were found with the remains. The jeans found are the same size that Avonte wore. The brand is unknown. Perecman says the color of the jeans may have changed after being in water for so long. Perecman says the underwear could be a key part of the investigation.

“The underwear may give further clues,” said Perecman.

The NYPD Harbor Unit is searching for additional body parts that could belong to Avonte Oquendo.
      Perecman has been speaking with the family all night about the discovery and says his Avonte’s mother Vanessa is skeptical.

BREAKING UPDATES ALL MORNING ON THE PIX11 MORNING NEWS. WATCH HERE.

Police said the body parts are being taken to the Queens County Morgue and the medical examiner will determine the cause of death.

A search for additional body parts resumed at 7 a.m. by the NYPD Harbor Unit, with a scuba team starting a water grid search.

Oquendo’s mother, who has hoped that her son was being held by a kidnapper, has been notified and will be taken to the medical examiner’s office later today to examine clothing found on the body parts, police told PIX11 News. A police car is stationed outside her home in Rego Park, Queens. Perecman told PIX11 News that Oquendo’s mother should hold out hope until everything is confirmed with the remains.

“This has been an unimaginably grim and horrific time for her and her family,” said Perecman.

Avonte’s family has filed a notice of claim saying they planned to sue the city. The family claims that officials at the school allowed him to walk out and waited too long to notify police that he was missing.

This is a developing story; check back for updates

What up @Razzmanian Devil
      ——–
      :lol: Hey

awww pobrecito. they have fliers and billboards everywhere.

i was impressed by how hard they went to get the word out. sad it might have ended this way but happy they didnt stop trying.

I was unaware that you are a Southern Gentleman

I was unaware that you are a Southern Gentleman

Yes. I am a Floridian ma’am. I just moved up here in November.

Dem Babies Mama Bombshell Esq says:

Why we gotta start Friday like this :crying1: :pray: it’s not that baby :no:

Oh I used to :love: me some Florida boys back in the day

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

:pray:

@ BigSisterGorgeousOne says:

Oh I used to :love: me some Florida boys back in the day

Fine time to pick back up. :tea:

BigSisterGorgeousOne says:

Fine time to pick back up.

:think:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

:warning: GA GIRL… Chan outchea being mannish again. I think he trying to say ya’ll on a break :nono:

Leslie says:

Praying for his family!

Dem Babies Mama Bombshell Esq says:

So you saying Gaga about to be a step on break baby mama Soror? :tea:

iAmChan says:

@ MisTaken, don’t you have a Pastor Sapp you supposed to be stalking?

Dem Babies Mama Bombshell Esq says:

Oh I hate Chan with everything I got :ghost:

BigSisterGorgeousOne says:

I know this is the year of the side chick but I ain’t down with that :no: explain yourself sir :waiting:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

MisTaken, don’t you have a Pastor Sapp you supposed to be stalking?
      ________________________
      Tuh. Hey hit dog. You hollering :tea: In more ways than one.

And we all voted that a certain Gospel Rose was the one stalking Mr. Sapp :grin: I would appreciate it if you’d stop besmirching my name *cuts camera off on you*

Dem Babies Mama Bombshell Esq says:

Ya’ll watching Maury :popcorn:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Soror.. he’s about to have a blog “on a break baby” I will not ne a witness to that :no: <– Monique from Precious cry face

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

—————–
      :sick: snitch :sick:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

———
      If thats true, the people at the school aint shyt. Do better simple ass people.

@ BigSis

Don’t be worrying about @ MisTaken, she just trying to get me byke for some last week foolishness. Ain’t like this here blog has a private messaging option, lmao.

Dem Babies Mama Bombshell Esq says:

———————–

I smell the beginning of a lawsuit :tea:

iAmChan says:

On another note, the SR Chronicles are back up and running. Click my name. :tea:

:warning: Don’t make the first Chronicle post be about you.

Dem Babies Mama Bombshell Esq says:

———————–

I smell the beginning of a lawsuit
      ———-

Hell I’d be trying to have EVERYONE involved removed…. or at least penalized appropriately for their dismissive and neglectful actions.

The Pearl! says:

:waves: Greetings Erryone!

Prayers go out to the family! :pray:

This is really sad, but I am glad they know now….

Somebody is liable, no? :thinking: He was special-needs in school, right?

*grabs ahold of Pearl and begins a light shaking* Where theee hail you bean yo? Got me all worried and thangs <—Overexaggerating voice :rofl:

:hug:

BigSisterGorgeousOne says:

@iAmChan I am going to need proof sir :tea: I am sure you understand…..I seen some of the e-beefs in my lurking days.

I got ya. It ain’t eem that serious boo. Chan doesn’t e-beef. He eradicates.

Dem Babies Mama Bombshell Esq says:

————–

That’s coming… The lawsuit is just the first of many dominoes that’ll fall before this is all over….

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Razz: Snitch :nono: I am being a good fren. I am the one you want on your side. Now you :blink: You seem like you might take the side chick side. I’on know :rofl:

Dem Babies Mama Bombshell Esq says:

:offtopic: Ya’ll been watching Couple’s Therapy??? :popcorn:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Pearl :happy: SHE LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@iAmChan I hear ya

felinelurker says:

Whyyyy this co worker keep harassing me to go out to lunch? I already put him off for 3 weeks :cuss: leave me alone! I’s married, u married…get gone!

:newpost: Weirdos! :eek:
      ^^^^
      Directly all thee way to HER :iwishyouwouldface:

iAmChan says:

How am I gon have a side chick when a main one doesn’t exist yet? Goodness!

Feline, tell him that yall can do a double date lunch, his wife, and your hubby, then see how he responds :huh:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Feline you co-worker trying to get yo milk and cookies. You better stay strong. I put people on notice early on :nono: I don’t need no new male friends that are mine first. I need to either meet you through my husband or you befriend him. Anybody in the past I tried to be friends with that was male ALWAYS tried to holla or told me later on that they secretly liked me :facepalm: It’s my bunny nose. I just know it.

The Pearl! says:

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

:hug:
      ==========
      :hi: DTTS!! How the hell are you? I had foot surgery and been limpin my black ass off for over a month now!

felinelurker says:

the catch is he like 10 yr older. ole playa!

felinelurker says:

shyt, he even be instant msg me on fb DAILY. BIG mistake to friend him on fb

The Pearl! says:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Pearl :happy: SHE LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      ++++++++++