Useful Information: Malaysia Airlines ‘Lose Yourself’ Ad is Fake

malaysian-airlines-lose-yourself-ad-hoax

A Facebook post that purported to be a reproduction of an old Malaysia Airlines ad went viral on social media websites over the weekend. The ad shows a Malaysia Airlines plane along with the advertising copy, “OUR NEW BOEING 777 – LOSE YOURSELF ON A JOURNEY OF EPIC PROPORTIONS.” According to Urban Legends, the ad is a hoax. But did we really need Urban Legends to tell us that?

From Urbanlegends.com:

No such ad was ever created or published. The aircraft depicted is actually an Airbus A380, not a Boeing 777, and indeed the original ad copy, which dates from 2012, said: “OUR NEW A380 – A JOURNEY OF EPIC PROPORTIONS. THE PRIDE OF OUR NATION.”

Malaysia Airlines flight 370 carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew has now been missing for 10 days. The plane vanished off the radar about 40 minutes after departing Kuala Lumpur en route to Beijing, China on March 8.

The prevailing theory is that the pilot or co-pilot, suffering from homicidal depression, killed everyone on board by depressurizing the cabin and climbing to 45,000 feet altitude to ensure a quick death.

The pilot or co-pilot then committed suicide (either by removing his 02 mask or allowing his 02 to run out. Set the plane on autopilot and programmed it to fly south over the Indian Ocean. The plane ran out of fuel somewhere over the vast Indian Ocean which is approximately 28 million square miles wide and about 5 miles deep at its deepest point.

Australia has joined 26 other nations searching intensely for the missing plane. Australia will focus its search in the most likeliest place where the plane went down — in the waters off the western coast of Australia.

Australia has among the most sophisticated radar in the world. But flight 370 was reportedly flying too low under the radar to be detected by civilian radar.

• WSJ: Missing Plane Continued Flying for 4 Hours After Losing Radar Contact
  • Investigator: two men using stolen passports on missing plane looked like soccer star
  • Military official: flight MH370 flew hundreds of miles off course
  • Oil Rig Worker Claims He Saw Missing Malaysia Flight MH370 Go Down in Flames

28 Responses to “Useful Information: Malaysia Airlines ‘Lose Yourself’ Ad is Fake”

San ah make ya dance says:

Who would do this anyway :no: Poor taste

goat76 says:

Bank just called me saying that someone tried to use my credit card today. That’s what’s up. I wonder if they can track this fukcer down.

San ah make ya dance says:

———–
      Happen to me 2 weeks ago. They shut that fcuker down so quick. New card in the same day.

Goat, they’re not supposed to tell you that :no: Then they become liable when you go beat the dog ish outta them :eek:

Good thing they caught it! :fistbump: Who you bank with? :popcorn:

Buttercup says:

People literally believe everything they read on the internet barring common sense and logic. So sad.

Man… people getting better and more savvy with that photoshop and the like.

It seemed believable to me. Especially since they said it was years ago.

Who knows advertising tag lines from companies across the globe from years ago????? :shrugs:

*jacked
      A Florida man convicted of attempted murder in a confrontation over loud music won’t be sentenced until after his retrial on a murder charge.

A Duval County judge made that decision Friday and also scheduled Michael Dunn’s new trial for May 5.

Dunn had been scheduled this month to be sentenced for attempted murder and firing into a vehicle, but his attorney was concerned that statements Dunn makes at a sentencing hearing could be used against him in his second trial.

Jurors deadlocked last month on the murder charge against Dunn in the shooting of 17-year-old Jordan Davis outside a Jacksonville convenience store. Prosecutors said they would retry him.
      Dunn could face a maximum of 60 years in prison for the charges on which he already has been convicted.

sassyshe says:

Buttercup says:

========
      They’re definitely going to try their hardest to track them down. They don’t want to be out of the money they had to refund to you -if any :yes:

@SASSY
      “Talking about cards, my office was notified last week of a new credit card scam. Someone calls saying they from visa/mc telling you thst someone tried ti use your card and need you to verify some information. They tend give you your card number, call out a transaction that you would say you didnt make and thrn say in order to process the credit they need you to verify the 3 digit code in the back. What will then happen is that you will see a charge on your account for the transaction you said was fake and you gave scammers the 3 digit code needed to make duplicate card and online transactions”

That’s ingenious! I bet about 40% fall for this foolishness too!

How the CC company ask YOU for the 3 digit code after THEY call you??? What they would need the code for?

goat76 says:

I bank with PNC. I thought it was being used at a local business, but it was an internet transaction. I’ve hardly used this card for purchases, just for credit card consolidation.

Good. That wouldn’t be a good ad. :shrug:

In other news…why the rehab tryin to get Chris put away? Why they got that boy sitting in jail over dumb shat?

Kdub, you seen the video of Aretha shading Patti’s hand, and our girl, Tresanne, is in the video :lol:

:cloud:

sassyshe says:

@man that’s what the police been asking them why would you give info to the company that should have all your info

sassyshe says:

@bird sites are reporting he had a 3some with 2 residents while he was already on warning for banging the staff. He got placed in jail cause the judge said if he was kicked out before completion he goes straight to jail

I used to think that Sandy was this old bitter and equally stubborn lady because she used to go on about different stuff, one of which is flying..

i still think sandy is old bitter and stubborn but ,.. she be on point with a lot of stuff. Imma start taking the train.

lol a lil good morning shade for my boo boo sandy hey girl :tea:

i kid i kid

I don’t do the verify the last 4 digits of your ss# either! :nono:

I say, “verify or confirm means that you have some info, and I need to tell you if it’s correct or not!” They’on like that :no:

They put me on hold etc, talk to a mgr, but then they say ok, and ask other questions, and I only give parts of the info.

I bank with BOA and they shut my card DOWN for a transaction I INDEED MADE. Got 9 yo Dub some soccer items from Dacks Sporting Goods. Then went to go get some gas…the card reader at the gas station was like :stop: bish. So I just used my debit card. Called BOA and they was like: oh we thought YOU were the frauder. There are certain “purchasing behaviors” that send us a red flag. As in, you aint NEVER got nothing from that store before. We know DAYUM well YO azz wont playing no soccer…so we thought it was fraud and cutcho card off.

:facepalm:

Fuggas…can yall JUST CUT MY CARD BYKE ON? Thanks.

Kdub, I got the call from them, verifed, and they still cut the ish off, then cut it back on, then I got another call from them asking theeeee same exact questions :facepalm:

They said ain’t no fraud going on on their watch :rofl: :rofl:

sassyshe says:

BOA is famous for interrupting your card and sending you new ones

goat76 says:

:facepalm:
      Fuggas…can yall JUST CUT MY CARD BYKE ON? Thanks.
      ————————–
      Oh shat…. Dead at them knowing you ain’t playing soccer n shat!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      I aint seen that ish. :eek: Imma have to find it when I leave. No streaming vids here… and my phone in the cah.

Buttercup says:

Back when my bank was Wachovia, I used to call the fraud department BEFORE I took a trip to see Honey Dip. My first time I visited him, they cut my ish off, because I had never made transactions in that particular place.

Yeah, Buttercup you have to let your bank know all the places that you plan to travel to :yes:

Oh shat…. Dead at them knowing you ain’t playing soccer n shat!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      It was like bish you aint never purchased nothing related to physical fitness in YOUR PURCHASING LIFE on this card. Why now? Is you really you? You know what? We gonna say it is NOT you…cause this shat seem shady.

Buttercup says:

I hope my coworker went home. She threw a wrench in my plans to leave early. Darn productive people!

goat76 says: