Columbus Short Leaves ‘Scandal’

Columbus Short Leaves Scandal

According to published reports, ‘Scandal’ star Columbus Short will not return for the hit TV series’ fourth season. Short’s character, Harrison, has been on the show since season 1.

Short’s career was sidelined by recent domestic squabbles with his wife, Tuere Short, who filed for a divorce.

Teure accused Short of holding a knife to her throat during a domestic spat on April 7. She also alleged he poured wine on her and threatened to hit her with the wine bottle. Last week she obtained a temporary restraining order, and a judge ordered Short to collect his things and move out of the couple’s residence.

Short released this statement via his publicist today:

“At this time I must confirm my exit from a show I’ve called home for 3 years, with what is the most talented ensemble on television today. I would like to first thank [creator] Shonda Rhimes for the opportunity to work with such an amazing cast. Thank you GLADIATORS, who have supported me throughout my entire career and of course to ABC and Shondaland for allowing me to play such a pivotal role in the Scandal series. I have enjoyed every single minute of it. Everything must come to an end and unfortunately the time has come for Harrison Wright to exit the canvas. I wish nothing but the best for Shonda, Kerry and the rest of the cast, who have become like a second family to me in such a short amount of time. For this, I will forever be grateful.”

• Pastor Ma$e is Back On the Market
  • La La Vazquez is back on the market
  • Pastor Ma$e is Back On the Market
  • Is the End Near for Keyshia Cole and Daniel Gibson?

45 Responses to “Columbus Short Leaves ‘Scandal’”

libra80sbaby says:

:facepalm: Damn Columbus…Smh get your personal anger management under control Bruh before you end up in jail like your Stomp the Yard brother Chris Brown

buddapecan says:

Guess I’ll unfollow him on Twitter. :coffee:

Trucie says:

Damn he ****ed up:-( so disappointed in him! Hate to see such a great character wasted!

Short left, OH

buddapecan says:Guess I’ll unfollow him on Twitter
      ~~~~~~
      lol, why You have to unfollow him buddapecan?

Very nice letter. He has people :tea:

But they need to ‘get him’ in order :eek:

Afiya says:

:crying1: Aww mayne, this sucks…I feel bad for him. I hope he gets it back to normal though. His wife is very purrty :sigh:

missyJ says:

I honestly won’t miss him except his color added to the cast. Harrison was so weak… all scurred of Adnan and then it’s a chick. Then we had to see his dough boy get knocked out

Damn :no: get help my brother :facepalm:

missyJ says:

I do feel bad for him as a person tho. He’s a nice guy.. unless you murried to him I reckon :tea:

Brii says:

Guess it’s safe to say Olivia’s dad killed him on the show then…

missyJ says:

No it wasn’t Olivia dad who had the gun.

Just Looking says:

Brii says:

Guess it’s safe to say Olivia’s dad killed him on the show then…
      Yeap! You can tell he was about to leave, cause he hardly spoke this past season. Maybe he will go back to break dancing :danban1: :danban2:

Me and DTTS will go on tour, she gotta get back in velour sweatsuit.

Dis nukka so dayum dumb. Done went from 1977 style poppin and lockin on movies that went STRAIGHT to VHS TAPE…. to the numma one SHOW IN AMERICA and DIDNT KNOW HOW TO SAT HIS AZZ DOWN SOMEWHERE!!!! I hate folks like Columbus. I mean REALLY? :shrug: It wasn’t that long ago you was dancing behind and fuggin Britt Spears and we all know she smelled like bologna, Budweiser, and Marlboro’s. And her feet was dirty on the bottom cause she from trailer park stock. I don’t have time for you Columbo. Your azz had all the opportunity in the WORLD and you BLEW IT. :facepalm:

n1kk1a says:

Can’t say I didn’t see that coming….

Draya said "that's what strippers do" puppylove says:

So sad Hope he gets it together. :offtopic: why did this fool at my job cook some damn FISH in the ove on low for 4 HOURS :ghost: I can’t deal.

Just Looking says:

Real Tears Streaming Down my face. :fight: the air to breath

:rofl: :dead:

MrsL says:

I knew his dumb a– was gonna get fired. :smh:

Shonda say she only writes about fixing scandals. She ain’t got time for your real life scandal Columbus!

Just Looking says:

ya’ll ain’t got nothing to do on Friday either huh. Hags (Bren’s font)

:kona:

hush Looking! I only came on to get Bomb’s babies’ pics. Mister sitting out there in a pizza hut stuffed crust stupor and I’m in my um ‘girl grove’ ??? or whatever our equivalent of “man cave” is :think:

“queen’s quarters” ?
      “woman’s wing” ?
      “b*tch’s bunker” ? :kona:

sassyshe says:

This is called ima help you save face and not tell the world we firing your arse for learning not to control your negroid tendecies and allowing these yt executive to say see cant give these fools a dollar

Just Looking says:

@Nancy – I’m just tired, I’m on call all week-end, I’m like the dude at Dubbs job, with a COT.

8pm to 8am MOnday.

Lawdt don’t let my phone ring, in the middle of the night.

:pray: Mister is sipping on something with his deddy and I’m waiting for Hannibal to come on :bounce:

:vote: Queens Quarters

San ah make ya dance says:

DUMB ASS! HANDS DOWN. ALWAYS FUGGIN SHYT UP

Just Looking says:

@San – Did you say Dance on my My Hands :daban1: <<<<—- Columbus

Ni ni says:

Po Columbus smh. Didnt the wife say he was threatening suicide? I hope they dont find him dead from the sizzurp. Then again he’s in hollywood, no telling what he on. Po columbus smh.

Lawdt don’t let my phone ring, in the middle of the night.
      ___________________________

Chile I’m touching & agreeing w/you :pray: cause ain’t nobody got time for that :nono:

*sent from the Queen’s Quarters* :tea: <<<pinky up

Crickett says:

They will blacklist him like they did Isaiah Washingtion.

San ah make ya dance says:

:rofl: Just Looking

San ah make ya dance says:

Now I need a shot

MrsMantha says:

Just like Poppa Pope said ” to be young, gifted, and black.. What a waste” then he had Tom shoot him..

MrsL says:

Haha right @ MrsMantha? Shonda put that in there trying to throw shuttle shade. :lol:

MrsL says:

*subtle

Sorry my old butt is sleepy.

MrsMantha says:

Didn’t he say that :yes: I love some daddy pope ….. he speaks some truth chile :yes:

FuturedocDonte says:

Columbus is on that :snort: or that :coffee: <—that's a flask :yes: Gots to be

pointhimout says:

@14 :dead: U r still crazy as hell. I can’t remember ur other handle or log in name, but I remember u from NC I believe.

LOL at the vivid white trash description of Brittany. Too, too funny. Columbus messed up. Major show, major show runner (Shonda Rhimes), and of course a major studio (ABC). He didn’t shoot himself in the foot, he blew both them schits off. So ridiculous. Gabrielle Union’s on suicide watch because ANY regular part on this show is gravy, but u get cast and mess it up after 3 seasons? At least make it to 100 episodes and get that syndication money.

He got a part that probably should’ve gone to Anthony Mackie or someone with better acting chops. I’ve asked Shonda to cast Mackie or Michael B. Jordan. Schit by now, Shonda probably like to hell with black actors. First Isiah, now Columbus. We’ll see.

buddapecan says:

@Luvn-Life: now that he’s fired…he ain’t gonna be talking bout nothing. LOL

Yardgirl says:

pointhimout says:

===================

Totally agree!!! At least make it to syndication and get that steady money ya big dummy!! I hope Shonda casts another black male, but like you said, first Isiah and now this :facepalm: *LeSigh* :no:

What’s the thought on Donald Sterling. Seems to me the GF was egging him on, hence why there’s the long recording..

:tea:

Afiya says:

:wave: Good Afternoon Roses :hug:

Yardie, have you ever been with the group BBO (Boston Black Online)?

Have a :nun: <–Fabulous Day Roses, going home to spring clean :sigh:

:kona:

Yardgirl says:

Hey Afiya :waves: Nope never been with BBO, I am in New England though :yes:

Afiya says:

Oh, okay.

MSVALLDAY says:

This is pissing me off! Don’t mess with my show. The cast was perfect.