A Louisiana woman who sprayed Gorilla Glue in her hair is suing the maker of Gorilla Glue after emergency room staff were unable to remove the hardened adhesive.
Tessica Brown went viral after she published a TikTok video complaining that her hair was stiff as a board after using Gorilla Glue adhesive spray as holding hairspray.
Sources tell TMZ that Brown spent 22 hours in the emergency room at St. Bernard Parish Hospital, in Chalmette, Louisiana, where staff used acetone, the ingredient in nail polish remover, in a failed attempt to remove the superglue.
The source said the acetone burned her scalp and softened the glue to a sticky and gooey consistency before it hardened right back up again. She lost quite a bit of hair during the procedure.
Brown was given nail polish remover pads and a bottle of sterile water to take home. She was told to keep trying to remove the glue at home.
All other remedies failed to remove the glue -- and now Brown is in danger of going bald.
The source tells TMZ Brown retained a lawyer to discuss her options and to determine if she has a legal case against Gorilla Glue.
The product label warns against using the superglue in eyes, on skin (including the scalp) or clothing.
But Brown claims the label was "misleading" and didn't specifically state that the spray can't be used on hair.
Brown claims she thought the spray would be safe to use on her hair because the label said "multi-use."
A GofundMe page raised $9,000 for hair weave products and wigs for Brown who will probably lose all of her hair.