Janet Jackson’s Man Opens Up About Their Relationship

Music producer Jermaine Dupri used Janet to get his shine on for years. And now Wissam Al Mana — a name none of us ever heard of until he started dating 44-year-old Janet Jackson — is modeling in men’s magazines, thanks to Janet.

Wissam, 35, director of Al Mana Retail Group based in Dubai, is wearing a Z Zegna leather bomber jacket and a Balenciaga hoodie in the November issue of VMAN, on newsstands Nov. 11.

Here’s what the wealthy businessman had to say about Janet Jackson, how he earns his keep, and his favorite clothing designer:

On his relationship with Janet Jackson:

“I don’t date Janet Jackson. She is my girlfriend; there is a difference. She is a very special and talented woman who never ceases to amaze me.”

On his busy work schedule:

“I head the retail division [of the Qatar-based family empire, Al Mana Group]. I oversee new developments and I’m constantly working on interesting projects, one of them in design. I’m also pursuing an art project, and i’m involved in several charities.”

On working with Giorgio Armani:

“Mr. Armani is down-to-earth, very kind, and someone I admire for creating one of the largest luxury brands in the world from scratch.” Source

via TGJ

Photos: INF Photo and JustJared

28 Responses to “Janet Jackson’s Man Opens Up About Their Relationship”

attorneymom says:

Let’s just say I hope and pray that life doesn’t imitate art. #forcoloredgirls

yanibunny02 says:

he seems sweet enough..im happy for her

Milan Millian says:

Something doesn’t seem permanent with this relationship, but Janet can always find a man , I think her and Jermaine Dupri should patch things up and reunite, they were cute together.

ySoSerious says:

I always thought Janet settled waaaaaay low with JD. I don’t know how I feel about her and this dude yet but I definitely don’t want her going back to that broke azz troll. :no:

Milan Millian says:

ySoSerious says:

_________________________________________________________________________

LOL @ the troll! LOL

militaryspouse1 says:

Im all for true love. Hope it lasts

AprilRain says:

He sounds nice enough, and he got that $ too,,,as long as he treats her like a Queen and shes happy! She deserves to be happy :-)

ySoSerious says:

Lodak says:

Of the four men Janet has been publicly in relationships with (James, Rene, Jermaine, and this guy), Jermaine Dupri is the only one that doesn’t fit. The other 3 could be brothers. I suspect, she had other motives in dealing with Dupri, and, unfortunately, they backfired dreadfully.

Anna says:

“I don’t date Janet, she is my girlfriend”. I am confused. I am married and my husbnd and I date. He is not my boyfriend, he is my husband. Whatever. Or in Janet back log is he saying we are not dating we are married. LOL. Whatever. Time to watch Wendy. LOL.

_______________________________________

Ahhhh how sweet :kiss: It’s good to hear a man speak highly of his woman. :claps:

ELove says:

Wissam says… “I don’t date Janet Jackson. She is my girlfriend;”

And WHY is this Special… (Am I Missing Something HERE…) :shrug:

Ohhhhh That’s Right (He’s A Billionaire…) O.K. I Get it NOW :lol:

@Anna…funny we were typing opposing views at the same time. :lolol:

I’m watching Wendy too. Monique did a fun interview with Regina Hall. Regina has a master’s degree in journalism. :coffee:

@Elove–Billionaire clarifying Janet’s position as his main = Priceless

why does her head look like that. those bald spots and that thin hair gelled over, damn I can’t believe Sandy didn’t say anything about this. But from the neck down, she looks amazing. *Snaps*

lol at troll. I wish he would invest in some lumineers.

ySoSerious says:

Can we put shoe lifts, Rogaine, and some Suze Orman DVD’s on this wish list as well?

ChaCha says:

I think what he meant by that comment was that they are truly together without a question, no speculation. Expect a secret marriage announcement in 5,4,3,….. :yes:

lexdiamonz says:

GO WISSAM he basically said this is my woman that is why most dudes would have been dodging the question or no commenting and for him to “claim” JJ gets a big ups in my book… yall know this janet type anyway look at her ex….. one thing for sure the jackson clan a mess but janet hmmmm i dont know i am still on the fence cuz while i love TP i think he needs to come to the realization this girl cannot act …..but dude is a billionaire no??? she will be alright

allwrightyden says:

I’m happy for Ms. Jackson….(if you nasty)…Wassum is cute!
    JD….ummmm I have ALWAYS thought they made an odd couple and he looks like a lil rat!

#imjustsayin :coffee: umm..my latte is delish!

lakercrazy says:

happy for janet she a bad bish that deserves a billionair :yes: not that dam Willie Wonka midget broke azz trying to get some shine from MS.JACKSON

Mamacita says:

@Anna There’s a difference between DATING and a RELATIONSHIP. You can go on dates in a marriage but you are married which means til death do you part (or divorce/mistress these days. Dating can consist of going out with multiple people getting to know them. Dating doesn’t signify any commitment or loyalty to one another.

Chgoprime says:

Janet know she loves her a non black man. I ain’t mad at you girl. Janet is a bad bish for a damn near 50 year old woman, good grief…

Anna says:

Mamacita says:

~~~
    LOL. I thought ppl who dated(often)were bf/gf.

M3z says:

That’s great that he’s made it clear they are serious…but homie if you aren’t married you are legally single and NOT committed in the eyes of the law. GOOD luck!

Secret says:

Atleast he is claiming her unlike how Nelly is doing Ashanti.LOL

And when you are dating and in a relationship are you not boyfriend and girlfriend? Or would you rather say thats your man and your woman?

ardentphotog says:

Boy she just can’t stand a black man, can she?

Secret says:

Why would you say that? She been with JD for seven years and he is black.