Lauryn Hill has 2 weeks to pay the IRS $500,000

Lauryn Hill leaves court

Somber signer Lauryn Hill was spotted leaving a Newark, New Jersey court Monday (April 22) after a judge postponed her sentencing and gave her two weeks to pay $504,000 she owes the IRS in back taxes. Hill, 37, fell behind in her taxes after claiming she took a 3-year hiatus from show biz to find herself. Prosecutors charged the Grammy winner with “willfully failing to file income tax returns with the IRS” for 3 years. According to Hill, she wasn’t obligated to pay taxes for those 3 years since she wasn’t working. But the judge disagreed, saying Hill earned a modest sum of 1.8 million dollars from 2005-2007. She faces up to 5 years in jail and an additional $100,000 in fines.
Photos: Kena Betancur/Getty Images

• Lauryn Hill faces jail time for failing to file tax returns
  • Lauryn Hill is Knocked Up Again
  • Lauryn Hill writes Open Letter to Atlanta concertgoers
  • Is Lauryn Hill’s Daughter a Superstar in the Making?

106 Responses to “Lauryn Hill has 2 weeks to pay the IRS $500,000”

Aryanna says:

Damn she looks bad. All that talent.. gone to waste.

:eek:
      She looks like Chris Rock’s crack head character in New Jack City.

:facepalm:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

She looks like Chris Rock’s crack head character in New Jack City.
      _________
      OH EM GEE

SHE DOES!!!!!!!!! :dead:

:think:
      Maybe Wyclef can set up a phoney “charity” for orphan kids or puppies or something so she can take care of this bill.

GAGIRL87 says:

*vibing* Daymn Lauryn get it together and come BACK!!!

:whistle:

The sweetest thing I’ve ever known
      Was like the kiss on the collarbone
      Soft caress of happiness
      The way you walk, your style of dress
      I wish I didn’t get so weak
      Ooo, baby, just to hear you speak
      Makes me argue just to see
      How much you’re in love with me
      See, like a queen, a queen upon her throne

I rEAD she signed a deal to tour w/an advance and is taking out a loan ON WUT IONo . .

Victoria says:

She can start by selling that handbag…I’ve got no sympathy for these greedy ass celebs…u have all that money but don’t wanna part with any of it. This woman tours heavily. She got that money…

NaijaGal says:

GAGIRL87 says:

That bag :facepalm:

Rohan DROVE LAUREN BATT SHYTE KRAY :woohoo:

Victoria says:

:lol: @ start by selling that handbag.

I know she got a lot of complaints on tours though. Being late, acting erratic. Wonder how much of that tour money made it into her pocket VS what was refunded or forfeited.

coco creamy says:

This is the dumbest Chyt EVER. Have anybody ever thought of how this Chyt works. IRS- a volunteer accounting firm.

just sad, Good luck Lauren :no: <<<SMDH

DoNotDeleteMe says:

I am so over Lauryn and Maxwell and their gazillion year hiatus trying to find themselves and so-called inspiration. They ain’t Sade! :mad: :shotsfired:

@GaGa :hahaha: What’s wrong wit her PocketbOOk :eek:
      lol

Rohan DROVE LAUREN BATT SHYTE KRAY

by luVn_liFe… on Apr 23, 2013 at 3:57 pm
      He revealed the crazy that was already there.

If somebody dont give Lauren them coins I know something :no:

:rolleyes:

ER MAH GOSSSSH!

DoNotDeleteMe says:

that_VA_thickchick says:

Victoria says:

@ start by selling that handbag.

Well, she is a whole lot better than Erykah Badu and those 50-11 candles she lights between each sentence of each verse! :smack:

iAmChan says:

good luck with that..she would have it if she aint go all Natural Hair Crazy n ****.

GAGIRL87 says:

@ Luvn it’s hideous :lol:

ReadingIsFundamental says:

demons are real…

mzwhang90210 says:

NaijaGal says: these folks gone learn to stop fcuking with the IRS…they will ALWAYS get their money
      :preach:

Poor Lauryn tho…she’s been thru some thangs..and it shows!!

Just Looking says:

:waves: @Luvn

Damn, Only thing I can do is :pray: for her.

From the looks of it, she was counseled to wear the worst looking thing to court.

#Damn

NaijaGal says:

that’s the same look she was sporting when we all thought she went crazy and was playing that guitar on the stool

VDot says:

I don’t want any Marley dikc. They can keep that junk

:no:

mzwhang90210 says:
      Poor Lauryn tho…she’s been thru some thangs..and it shows!!
      ~
      ~
      Same THANG YO Po BISSH GOING THRU :no:

:yes: Has anyone gotten away with it? :no:

GAGIRL87 says:

They ain’t Sade!
      ______________________________________________________________________

I LOVE her :yes:

#obsession

VDot says:

Or that bag may be fake. I need to check the inside tags :huh:

PumpkinsMama says:

:facepalm: What I don’t understand is why when they was just “regular” folks they paid the tax man errrrrry yr. Y u get famous then 4get Unca Sam???

Just Looking says:

FROM POST BELOW

This how I know the women fukking with Scrap aint chit. Warm urine packs are so easy to get. You wear it round your waist and snake the cord thru ya clothes. Warm fuzzy pee on demand.
      Done that for a couple times. My disclaimer was I hope they DON’T check to see if ya SICK, cause you is about to go into kidney failure. :rofl:

I don’t want any Marley dikc.

~
      ~
      Yes laWD,I almost went on a date w/Rohan :eek: Our Father who R In heaven KNOWS!! ya hear meh!

:happy: JustlOOkiN! HEllURH!

@SANDRA ROSE
      “Somber signer Lauryn Hill….”-Sandra Rose

:think:
      signer = SINGER?

Soooo Lauren hasnt always looked like this? :huh: :hahaha: Girl been wearing dreads, afros and sofa blankets since 94 or something. :lol:

:chase: Man, I just don’t care™ says:
      “Somber signer Lauryn Hill….”-Sandra Rose
      signer = SINGER?
      U KNOW WUT daHEll SHE MEANT!

Ty says:

U werent working but u still had income Lauren :smack:

Just Looking says:

Victoria says:

She can start by selling that handbag…
      And get what for it? Two Dollars fifty Cent. It’s looks of no value to me. :coffee:

mzwhang90210 says:

Same THANG YO Po BISSH GOING THRU
      ___________________________
      SHADDUP LuvN! :rofl:

Ive just always gotten an eccentric, ecletic vibe from Lauren. Never expected her to be traditional or even mainstream. :no:

The appeal was that she was so different from the other R&B/ Rap ladies.

YA’ll GONNA LEAVE LAuRENS POCKETBOOk ALONE!

Has anyone gotten away with it?
      Yes they do! Its called offshore accounts and dummy corporations and charities and “religions.” :lol:

I think at this point blacks supporting the whole country!

Ty says:

Aryanna says:

Damn she looks bad. All that talent.. gone to waste
      :cosign: I want to pick her hair out and oil her scalp :cry:

BRB

:rofl: The hardest part is finding good pee, Sis! You mean to tell me not even Mona had good pee to give Scrappy? I know Mama Dee pee aint bout chit. :rofl:

MsB2u says:

Aryanna says:

Damn she looks bad. All that talent.. gone to waste.
      ———————————————
      :cosign:

Just Looking says:

Ive just always gotten an eccentric, ecletic vibe from Lauren. Never just straight I don’t Give a FUGG. :nono:

MissTaken says:

*hurt voice* Why y’all get the funny Teyanna and Chris post? I am in a meeting that won’t end :(

PumpkinsMama says:

Random s Heyu;;: My foot goin 2 sleep and I don skinned my damn knuckle twice gratin these muh fuggin carrots! :wail:

Miany says:

I usually love houndstooth but, the bag pissed me off. Still jam the miseducation , love love love it. Concept, title and execution :heart:

U werent working but u still had income Lauren
      She prolly aint seen a penny of her “income.”
      Just an estimation the tax man came up with.

Ty says:

U werent working but u still had income Lauren
      According to the most recent stuff I read, she’s claiming she went underground because she and her family were being threatened. Oh ok. :coffee:

The gall. To think you can make money off of songs you aint write (DISCLAIMER: This is an opinion of mine. Me. Uno. Myself. Moi) and then expect not to pay taxes on the income? Karma is THAT bish aint it?

Whatever Ms. Hill. I am over you. And have been for quite some time. Pay up.

And get what for it? Two Dollars fifty Cent. It’s looks of no value to me.

*kicks you under the table* Let her Fucci be great. :hahaha: Its looks realer than the bodyguard’s LV beanie. :lol:

Ty says:

I think at this point blacks supporting the whole country!
      Damn now I agree with the half stepper :smack:

:cosign:

Ty says:

Aryanna says:

Damn she looks bad. All that talent.. gone to waste
      I want to pick her hair out and oil her scalp WITH SOME WD40

#you’re welcome

:thumbsup:

Never just straight I don’t Give a FUGG.

:| Imma reevaluate my surroundings and whole entire life. This is the best Lauren has looked to me in a while. :lol:

Just Looking says:

:waves: @ DuB :hug:

I think at this point blacks supporting the whole country!

:hahaha: Righttttttt. But seriously, :thinking: even the dope boys get charged with racketeering, laundering, evasion :no:

Hey @Cali and all the Roses :wave:

Whatever Ms. Hill. I am over you. And have been for quite some time. Pay up.

:hug: I saw your disclaimer *ignores it* :gossip: Who you think penned them?

This has been the whisper around my way..the reason Lauren cant make another Mis-Ed is cause she aint make that one.. :kona: :eek:

Ty says:

Victoria says:

Yeah but folks are walking out on her azz for trying to remix and forgetting the lyrics to her classics. Thats not the same Lauren by far :nono: So she can stop touring.

:offtopic: Any pics of Rhi at Magic City last night? Heard she hit the stage 2 hrs late

WITH SOME WD40
      _________

So her scalp/hair squeaky? :chase: :rofl: :ghost:

Just Looking says:

:waves: @ SIS please keep me in your life. We all need folks that ain’t chit. Value you added :yes:

Damn now I agree with the half stepper

:lol: Its been happenng all day!

PumpkinsMama says:

And they KNOW Ms.Hill aint got them coins! She got 50-11 Marley mouths to feed :wail:

X Factor still my song tho :whistle: It could all be so simple, but you rather make it hard :(

We all need folks that ain’t chit. Value you added

Im is kind. Im is smaht. Im is impotent. Im is neva gonna be chit. :yes:

mzwhang90210 says:

:waves:
      JustLookkkkkk
      Dubby
      VaThick
      MissTaken

I am :dead: @ Ty’s gravi tho!

Just Looking says:

Never toured or was a recording artist of any type. How many venues paying folks under the table. Won prizes valued at $1200.00 about a month ago and I had to do a 1099.

NOTE: IT WAS NOT THIS SITE :sad:

NaijaGal says:

how long till that Marley money run out cause her kids got that name for life, well 5/6 do…wonder if Rita like Lauryn and her bay-bays

Betamax82 says:

I need some grease in my life :wail:

@OTB
      “Righttttttt. But seriously, even the dope boys get charged with racketeering, laundering, evasion ”

Yeah. They charge some small time folk. But think about it, they couldnt catch Bernie Madoff! :huh:

Just Looking says:

mzwhang90210 :wink:

@OTB
      “Damn now I agree with the half stepper

Its been happenng all day!”
      They all want me.

Won prizes valued at $1200.00 about a month ago and I had to do a 1099.
      _________

Cant even put our prizes in our mama’s name :no:

Who you think penned them?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      I forget who they said really wrote them songs. But yes that is why there will never be a MisEd 2. The fact that she settled out of court rather than fight to save her name…umm says guilty to me. $5 million? She settled for $ 5million. Right after she settled too…the dude who just took her back TODAY; kicked her azz off his label. Tommy Motolla paid that $5 million most likely. The bulk of it anyway.

Ty says:

that_VA_thickchick says:

Ty says:

Aryanna says:

Damn she looks bad. All that talent.. gone to waste
      I want to pick her hair out and oil her scalp WITH SOME WD40

#you’re welcome
      :dead: :ghost:

Niaja who is the last bd? :gossip: Im so nosey on that!

Just Looking says:

150 years, is caught to me.

I need some grease in my life

:| Im ‘fraid to ask what type. You wailing and chit.

GAGIRL87 says:

They all want me.
      ____________________________________________________

NaijaGal says:

I saw your disclaimer *ignores it* Who you think penned them?

===========================
      I know she got sued by them folks who wrote it cause they wanted their grammys

Bernie Madoff!

So fukking true! Thats cause he had they money too. I was just reading some bits on him in a mag article on the wife of the one who killed himself.

He is settling into prison life. The wife was there but now she done split too. Other son bout to kick the bucket. :no: For the love of other ppl money.

They all want me

:slapupsidethehead: Second time today! :hahaha:

PumpkinsMama says:

Naija :kiss:

NaijaGal says:

Niaja who is the last bd? Im so nosey on that!
      =========
      ion know dude’s name but NB’s site may have had pics of them last year

VDot says:

I’m still :rofl: at Rohan say “Dat aint my baby. I don’t know that lil nucca”

Also the lawsuit aganest Lauryn about her maybe not writing those songs way back when (01 I think)…was a fed case. Not sure what the fugg made it FEDERAL in nature…but it was. They don’t get their money in the next 13 days I PROMISE that the IRS is going to throw the book at her azz.

Not one but two instances where the Feds is in your shat? :no:

Ty says:

@ otb…That might be true :think: The album was classic but after the songwriting issue she fell off. Hell she can barely perform those songs anymore without adding some dumb shyt or speeding up the tracks :shrug:

@ Pumpkin didnt Mohan leave Lauren for her cousin or something :popcorn: I know he said they weren’t together and thinks one of the kids belongs to Wycleaf ashy speedo wearing azz

____________________________

:eek: I was thinking if Clef wrote them his b!tchassness wouldnt have allowed him to hold it in. Tommy, Tommy. :no: Thats some industry secrets held up right there.

NaijaGal says:

PUMKIN :kiss: you keep running in and out my life :( how are you luv :hug:

PumpkinsMama says:

:newpost: on Dow Jones :blink:

Betamax82 says:

OTB something fried that’s all :(

PumpkinsMama says:

@ Naija But dont you know that I like having you around. In my life…Oh Baby :rofl:

“Dat aint my baby. I don’t know that lil nucca”

:hahaha: Im surprised by him tho. That doesnt seem to be like his father but eh. :lol:

@OTB
      One day, u goin be like…

:eek: They all really did want that nigga!

PumpkinsMama says:

@ Ty yeah Rohan implied that weren’t his Bebe :tea:

Nakeya_j says:

the reason Lauren cant make another Mis-Ed is cause she aint make that one.
      —–
      I think she can’t because she done lost her mind

anw_rootbeer says:

:newpost:

Dow Jones? :shocked:

Nakeya_j says:

<—–Lauren right now

They all really did want that nigga!

:ghost:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

She looks like Chris Rock’s crack head character in New Jack City.
      :bounce:

MsChavo says:

So here’s what I’m thinking, $500k is nothing. I thought it was more. All she needs is 10 of her friends to chip in 50K… do-able.

MsChavo says:

But then she has to pay them back, which means she gotta get back to work to make some music.

Ididntreallymeanit says: