Mommy blogger Arrested for Using Salt to Murder Son

Lacey Spears

A woman who documented her son’s chronic medical problems on her personal blog was arrested and charged with using salt to murder the boy.

Lacey Spears of Scottsville, Ky., was arrested on charges of second-degree murder and first-degree manslaughter, The Journal News reports (via The NY Post).

5-year-old Garnett died of acute sodium poisoning in a Westchester County children’s hospital on Jan. 23, the Journal News reports.

Spears is charged with pouring sodium (salt) into Garnett’s stomach through a feeding tube in a hospital bathroom. She is suspected of poisoning her son with salt on at least 2 occasions.

Police believe the 26-year-old mother suffered from a mental condition known as Munchausen syndrome by proxy, a disorder that causes parents (mostly moms) to sicken their own children in order to gain sympathy from nurses and doctors.

Computer records show Spears searched online for information about salt poisoning, Assistant District Attorney Doreen Lloyd said in court on Tuesday.

Nurses who spend the most time with patients and families are usually the first to identify a parent with Munchausen syndrome. Once that parent is identified, a note is attached to the patient’s chart alerting other health care personnel to monitor the parent’s interactions with the child.

If the parent is caught in the act of poisoning a child (in extreme cases) a court order may be obtained by the hospital to prevent the parent’s access to the child.

“I’m happy they got her and I do believe that she’s had this problem for years and that he’s been suffering at her hands. I really wish we could have prevented this because there were signs,” former nurse Ginger Dabbs-Anderson told The Journal News.

“Maybe the hospitals should have caught it, maybe her parents should have caught it, maybe those people closest to her should have caught it. She put all over Facebook how wonderful she was. She had us all snowed, she had us all believing she was wonderful. But obviously not,” said Dabbs-Anderson.

Spears documented her son’s life on her personal blog. The then 3-year-old Garnett is seen sucking on a pacifier and wearing pull ups in numerous photos posted on her blog.

103 Responses to “Mommy blogger Arrested for Using Salt to Murder Son”

libra80sbaby says:

sad

:facepalm: and it be these types …. always get off smh!

missyJ says:

SO it wasn’t no Kevorkian, just straight crazy? :no: Guess we can add mamas to the list of folks who ain’t loyal…..

Savannah says:

People are sick! R.I.P little baby finally away from that damn monster!

OpinionHated says:

He’s dead… they waited for him to die before they did anything – this is disgusting DYS is always sticking their noses in where they don’t belong and when they need to take kids they never do until something tragic happnes – this is sooo sad….he was too cute…. albeit too old for a blasted pacifier… I say they feed her azz salt till she dies like her son did – in pain….

She look like a bulldagger.

BISH!

Jdore says:

Smdh Hopefully one day folks will realize babies are blessings

IncogNita says:

Smh

VDot says:

Man, fugg this bish!! :angry:

SoNastyandSoRude says:

is that justin beiber or her mom?

Salt poisioning is a sad way to die btw. Sandra you a nurse and correct me if I am wrong…but basically you and your organs dehydrate to death. They shrivel up. In particular, the brain :sad:

SoNastyandSoRude says:

*his mom

Momma I made it!!! says:

She look like a bulldagger.
    BISH!

==============================

Your font my thoughts. So sad

Just Looking says:

What the Freakn Hail…..

missyJ says:

I’m sure she’s gonna be on suicide watch. Her baby daddy, died prolly figured she’d take them both out.

Y’all seen this older movie where this mom takes her daughter out to the woods and she was gonna kill them both on some religious chit. She kills her daughter but then doesn’t have the heart to kill herself, then hates God for not giving her strength. Then she ends up falling in love with a park ranger??

____________________________

THAT is SOOOOOOOOOO sad to hear! I couldn’t imagine.

I say open her up and sit her in a salt bath with NO water.

aRoTh says:

mother suffered from a mental condition known as Munchausen syndrome by proxy

I think my co-worker has this, but she adopted her kids. Her last day is today. :yahoo:

____________________________
    THAT is SOOOOOOOOOO sad to hear! I couldn’t imagine.
    I say open her up and sit her in a salt bath with NO water.
    I say take a blade and slice that azz up :tea: then throw that bytch in a pool of acid !

Blanche Devereaux says:

this is so sad Jesus…Munchausen is a damn mess and I’m seriously shocked the hospital didnt catch on…my question is how did he end up on the feeding tube to begin with he looked very healthy in the posts even if they were old its just weird

Blanche Devereaux says:

……………………….
    looking back on it i think my aunt did too :kona:

I think my co-worker has this, but she adopted her kids. Her last day is today
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Today is female Family Guy last day?

don’t they all have mental conditions :rolleyes: but if you’re BLACK :tea:

VDot says:

Momma I made it!!! says:

She look like a bulldagger.
    BISH!

:yes: But according to her blog, the daddy died a couple of years ago. :huh: They may need to do an autopsy on him :huh: This bish may have BEEN a killer

@Vdot

The way my last name is set up, we aren’t. HOWEVER, the way LIFE is set up, you may be cousins with or even dated my ex……at some point. LMAOOOOOO

Did you go to that block party on Laconia this past weekend?

my question is how did he end up on the feeding tube to begin
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Mighta been that first batch of salt she gave him. IDK though. How she get him to eat it? this is sad. :sad:

I think my co-worker has this, but she adopted her kids. Her last day is today
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Today is female Family Guy last day?
    ________________________

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She done quit. Got fired (through mail – but disregarded the letter and came in anyway). Re-hired and quit again……….TODAY! :woohoo: :bounce: :yahoo:

VDot says:

Did you go to that block party on Laconia this past weekend?

:rofl: and :yes: to first part

:no: Heard about it tho. Cousin said it was thick as fugg :yes: You?

Buttercup says:

Am I the only one who is wondering where his father was in all of this?

VDot says:

Am I the only one who is wondering where his father was in all of this?

:dead: No literally. :lol:

SoNastyandSoRude says:

was the child a boy or girl..these blog pics have be confused

Milky says:

FOH!!! Bish need to have razor cuts all ova her body then forced to sit in a tub of salt and alcohol until she dies

Buttercup says:

=================
    How could someone do this to a child? Her OWN child? I just can’t wrap my head around it. As parents, our children look to us for protection, not to be monsters. This lady has literally made me sick. Ugly bish.

Blanche Devereaux says:

I think my co-worker has this, but she adopted her kids. Her last day is today.
    ……………………….
    looking back on it i think my aunt did too

Matter of fact, one of my other co-workers came in TODAY, not to say “good riddance” but to say……and these were her EXACT WORDS…

“As much as you STAY at the hospital with your kids, they done damn near named a ward after you and your kids stay broke up, WHY would you let them stand on a 50 gallon trashcan full of water, take a picture and post it on FB?”…

I kept scrolling through SR like so… :tea: :pc:

No. Salt is one of the electrolytes in our blood that regulates the heartbeat. Too much or too little salt changes the electrolyte balance in the blood and you die of a heart attack or seizures. That’s the simple answer.

bama_n_jersey says:

bama_n_jersey says:

Why these yt folks keep having all of these dang safety meetings
    ______________________________

B/c they just fired Bob and he said he’s going to “comeback”.

@Bama, you might be in danger girl.

*********************
    n’all…it’s the goverment with all it’s safety mess

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Why I envision the dude who KEEP showing up at work and NOBODY will tell him he dont work there no mo. :ghost: Yall finally rid of that azz. :thankyou:

:chase: cause you aint eem tell me or the others!

:yes: @Vdot EYE was!

:party:

Blanche Devereaux says:

I kept scrolling through SR like so… :tea: :pc:
    …………………………………………………..

My daughter has a chronic disease so parents that WANT their kids to be sick make me sooooo mad. Bish I went to the ER 25 times last year and here you are pretending your kids are sick :cuss: it pisses my whole life off

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    THAT ISH is eem worse. :no: This poor baby. Lord. His mama did a number on him.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I’m so sorry. :sad:

Buttercup says:

==============
    Who does that? ” :eek: No I didn’t get the letter relieving me of my services. What’s our next project?” :rofl: She sounds like a piece of work.

@ Who Dat: When we were kids growing up in Miami we poured table salt on leeches and watched them shrivel up and die. :yes:

Blanche Devereaux says:

I’m so sorry. :sad:
    ……………………
    Thank you it could really be worse so I deal with it the best I know how but stories like this hit me where it hurts.

I say they feed her azz salt till she dies like her son did – in pain….

__________________________________

Agreed! old devil beast!!! :rolleyes:

@Dubb

I didn’t b/c as back and forth as she’s been, yall would think I was lyin. How many times have I said she quit or got fired? LOL

And furthermore…..nobody cares. LOL Just geaux. :hi: :chase:

bama_n_jersey says:

@Sandra…we used to pour salt on snails if they were on the porch or trying to get into the house

VDot says:

Awww they had the whole block rocking like the 4th of july and I missed it :(

essenze says:

Poor baby. Shyt like this boils my blood. Reminds me of that sick bish that was poisoning her own daughter in the movie The Sixth Sense

@Butter

Thing is, they needed her. That’s why they (in my Celie voice) “let huh stay..”. LMAOOOOOO

aRoTh says:

My daughter has a chronic disease so parents that WANT their kids to be sick make me sooooo mad. Bish I went to the ER 25 times last year and here you are pretending your kids are sick it pisses my whole life off
    ________________________

Reason she quittin……bish gets a check for them kids! A BIG CHECK! Four FOSTER/ADOPTED kids? On medication WITH “learning disabilities” and psychological problems??!!! #jackpot

missyJ says:

Am I the only one who is wondering where his father was in all of this?

=============

Yes. Because you lack reading comprehension :tea: lol

awwwww Blanche :no: :hug:

(you think maybe you wanna sit this one out? you already subject to “hormonal-ality” and this post bout this attention seeking wildebeest bish aint making it no better…)

VDot says:

TI on this interview sounding like he has a crush on Iggy :huh:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I poured some on one the other DAY. We get em here BAD in NC when it rain in the summer. I went and got some Sluggo and left it for the yard folks to put out. I can always tell when its time to put out more. I HATE THEM BASTIDS. YECK.

==============
    Who does that? ” No I didn’t get the letter relieving me of my services. What’s our next project?” She sounds like a piece of work.

___________________________

I’m still stuck back on the “re-hired” part :blink: :wtf:

Blanche Devereaux says:

awwwww Blanche :no: :hug:
    ………………………………………………

I’m already turnt anyway because I cant get off for my OB appt tomorrow :cuss: it feels good to go off about something lol

VDot says:

:lol: This sounds like some Office Space type ish

free says:

Who Dat says: Salt poisioning is a sad way to die btw. Sandra you a nurse and correct me if I am wrong…but basically you and your organs dehydrate to death. They shrivel up. In particular, the brain

*****************************

that’s consistent with what i’m reading from the stories. he constantly begged for water and had headaches. a lot of people seemed to suspect but, again, nobody said or did shyt and now he’s dead. she’s been killing him since he was damn near a newborn.

Buttercup says:

Yes. Because you lack reading comprehension :tea: lol
    ============
    Or maybe I wrote that before reading the comments. FOH :tea: lol

THESE YT FOLK COME UP WITH A “DISEASE” FOR EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEY KILLERS!!

Chit is ridiculuos. This bytch is a killer. The end. That’s it. Them yts will create a disease faster than a muthaphucka!

This sounds like some Office Space type ish

Man listen…..

Sitting here in this Outkast ticket struggle again. It’s been saying I have a 1 minute wait for 3 minutes now. Oops it just went up to two minutes. It’ll be 15 before you know it. I won’t mess up my order in line this time.

I’m still stuck back on the “re-hired” part

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Bish showed up on a day they had alot of work/somebody had called out and the powers that be was like welp her big azz here…she gonna do some WORK. Bish you is officially re-HIRED. :coffee:

Like my mama. Dont be just coming round to holla. Next thing you know your azz in there washing dishes. 19yo was like I gotta stop going to nana house after work. :no: She made me scrub her shower AND I did a load of towels :dead:

free says:

Buttercup says: Am I the only one who is wondering where his father was in all of this?

****************************

they are saying the daddy, blake, is a figment of her imagination who she said died in a car accident.

the real daddy (at least he thinks she is) said she was a friend with benefits and he found out about the lil boy and was trying to get in touch with her but she kept moving around.

Yes. Because you lack reading comprehension lol
    ——
    Butter you didn’t do the education :lol:

free says:

Sandra Rose says: Salt is one of the electrolytes in our blood that regulates the heartbeat. Too much or too little salt changes the electrolyte balance in the blood and you die of a heart attack or seizures. That’s the simple answer.

******************

he had a lot of seizures too. one hospital put cameras in his room but she was shown taking him to the bathroom where there were no cameras. sick!

Oh well I messed up my place in line again by trying to bring up another window and having problems with it. I tried to navigate away from the site before Explorer refreshed but I was too late. Now it says 15 minutes which it hadn’t gotten up to before. Well hoping they add a 3rd show.

My boss just called to ask me to take a pm meeting for her bc one of her buddies from the city called her and she doesn’t have time to meet with them and show them a few things so she asked me to do it :angry: AIN’T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!!!! I was going to go back to my desk… Maybe look at this budget… Maybe consider doing this report… Maybe answer an email :typing: But now I gotta go back and meet with some more folks today therefore pushing back my maybe work which with further prevent me from being on SR. I ain’t come here to work. She got me messed up :hahaha:

THESE YT FOLK COME UP WITH A “DISEASE” FOR EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEY KILLERS!!

This chit is real. :hide: Folks fukked up out here.

But yeah she still a killer. :biggrin: White is right.

I ain’t come here to work. She got me messed up :hahaha:

:hahaha: You read my mind! I got like 50-11 tasks to do..but Im leaving at 3 so :no: Ion thank nothing gonna get done. I told them bout them mtgs all morning. You lose the wholeeee afternoon. :tea:

@OTB
    “Naw Munch been around for years! I remember watching lifetime movies about it. I couldn’t have been no more than 10? 11?

This chit is real. Folks fukked up out here”
    _____________________________

Man, EVERYBODY got something wrong with them. Everybody. I can see now they goin make this woman to be a “victim” that is “suffering through a disease.”

:no: <<<smh

This chit is real. Folks fukked up out here.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I watched them movies too. Judith Light had Munch in one I think.

So she is not a lesbian? Huh. Whod’a thunk it.

:warning: I just saw the pics of Jackie Christie with her raw teets out and :wtf: She needs to be beat with a hot wet rag … Sprayed with a fire hose until her skin is raw…. And rolled on potted meat… Laid on the beach with weights to keep her from moving in the heat while seagulls poke her on her eyes, throat, vag, nipples and knee caps. That’s how bad and offensive that was to me. Don’t nobody wanna see that ish mayne :no:

She look like a bulldagger.

BISH!

:dead: ok.

Buttercup says:

Bird, I ordered by phone. It was a breeze. I had to pay an extra $2.25 to have them delivered via the mail, but I got them :woohoo:

BISH!
    she should have killed herself, with those Count Dracula Teeth

@OTB: this new meeting I have is at 3 pm :wails: I hope they aren’t long winded and don’t ask me a bunch of stuff. I can’t.

VDot says:

:warning: I just saw the pics of Jackie Christie with her raw teets out and

She had them arms propping and pushing those titties up something awful :lol:

Nancy says:

I’m still stuck back on the “re-hired” part
    ________________________________

*in a flash*

She quit but would stay on as PRN.
    She didn’t adhere to the required hours.
    They sent her a letter telling her to send in her badge.
    Supervisor said a letter was sent.
    In walks co-woker.
    Supervisor looking at me like :eek: and says to ME “can I speak with you in the hallway..”
    *I forget what was said*
    The workday goes on as planned.
    Supervisor (with her contained ass) put her on the schedule after the letter was sent. Talking about “I didn’t know I could overturn the letter”. :facepalm:
    This was back in Jan. She only works two days a week.
    She called in on Monday.
    Came in today.
    Today is her last.
    Supa is on vacay.
    #goodriddance

Unshakable says:

@mis take,

Why were her dogs roamin roundst about the neighborhood with no leash? :think:

OpinionHated says:

THESE YT FOLK COME UP WITH A “DISEASE” FOR EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEY KILLERS!!

———————-
    You’re 100% correct because the other day I’m watching the news and this rich white kid beta a murder rap because they said he had Affluence – yes he was affluent and spoiled so the fact that he drove drunk and killed some folks was ok cause he had Affluenza – WTF……

:no: <<<smh

I don't think so. We (justice system) knows all about Munch so :think: she will be punished if they got the evidence all right imo! She is a muncher (:hahaha: ) by proxy…meaning she did it to someone else. So even there is the abuse of a child. Then we add in the murder stuff. Whether or not she meant to kill him, she killed him bc of her psychological disorder.

Bish you is officially re-HIRED.

Like my mama. Dont be just coming round to holla. Next thing you know your azz in there washing dishes. 19yo was like I gotta stop going to nana house after work. She made me scrub her shower AND I did a load of towels
    ______________________________

this fulfills my earnestness quota for the day :crying1:

VDot says:

Okay, I’m done with this TI interview. I don’t hate him after it :phew: I was worried for a minute…

I watched them movies too. Judith Light had Munch in one I think.

!!! :hide: Dubb :no: Lifetime should come with warnings.

Unshakable says:

OTB,

but if this chick does have a serious mental disorder, can’t she get off based on mental defect?

BISH!
    she should have killed herself, with those Count Dracula Teeth

But if she dead she cant get attn. That’s what munchers crave. :lol: This is not funny. I hope they give her life. :tea:

___________________________________

*shudders*
    this sounds eerily similar to the Casey Anthony story about her baby’s father :no: these bishes AND their enablers need fire knocked from their arses! :mad: (s/o @Bird :rofl: )

Wasting time says:

don’t they all have mental conditions :rolleyes: but if you’re BLACK :tea:
    ===================
    :applause:

OTB,

Not if she committed the crimes of 2nd degree murder and manslaughter. Do you mean will she not go to prison? She would prolly go to the contained folks prison instead of general population but how could she possibly “get off”? Crazy ppl go to jail all the time.

I rem in those movies the mama went to jail. :think:

Short Wiki read:
    Münchausen syndrome by proxy (MSBP or MBP) is a term that is used to describe a behaviour pattern in which a caregiver deliberately exaggerates, fabricates, and/or induces physical, psychological, behavioural, and/or mental health problems in those who are in their care.[1] With deception at its core, this behaviour is an elusive, potentially lethal, and frequently misunderstood form of child abuse[2] or medical neglect[3] that has been difficult to define, detect, and confirm.

MSbP has also spawned much heated controversy within the legal and social services communities. In a handful of high-profile cases, mothers who have had multiple children die from sudden infant death syndrome have been declared to have MSbP. Based on MSbP testimony of an expert witness, they were tried for murder, convicted, and imprisoned for several years. In some cases, that testimony was later impeached, resulting in acquittal of those defendants.[4]

Wasting time says:

TI “It’s Googleable” :rofl:

THESE YT FOLK COME UP WITH A “DISEASE” FOR EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEY KILLERS!!

:yes: you aint lied! before it’s over she gonna have postpartum, split-personality (one of the other one’s did it), male pattern baldness, and early alzheimers (she don’t recall nathan)… old muddcup! :mad:

This chit is real. Folks fukked up out here.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I watched them movies too. Judith Light had Munch in one I think.

____________________________________________

I just seen one this weekend “Blueprint for Murder” …old black & white movie. woman killed the lil girl right there in the hospilla and the lil boy was next on the list. they’ve even had a few episodes of those ‘snapped’ genre shows with these same type killins… all yt womens (all them i seent, so far… :tea: )

um, thank you, for that synopsis @aRoTh. i think i got it now… :ghost:

VDot says:

Those titties look like oblong airbags. They look full tho :tea:

digal704 says:

She looks like a boy and her son looked like a girl. She had quite a few issues

Mahoganynative says:

This here…makes me sad and angry at the same time. #somepeoplearereallybroken #someonecomegetthisbitch

1 Pingbacks