Teen Who Killed Bully Was Afraid for His Life, Police Say

Noel Estevez and Timothy Crump

A Bronx teenager who fatally stabbed a classmate told police he was bullied and he feared for his life, the NY Post reports.

Timothy Crump, 14, (pictured right) died of a stab wound after he allegedly jumped classmate Noel Estevez, also 14, outside their Bronx school Wednesday.

Police say Crump jumped Estevez because he believed the teen stole his cellphone.

Noel Estevez and Timothy Crump

“The victim was definitely the aggressor,” a police source told the NY Post.

The two boys were former friends. But the stolen cell phone and an unpaid loan drove a wedge between them.

“The suspect had a beef with the victim,” another police source told the Post. “He stole the victim’s cellphone a few days ago. That’s what the beef was about. The victim was no angel either.”

Police say when Timothy jumped Noel he didn’t realize the boy was armed with a kitchen knife. “He brought the knife to school because he was afraid for his life,” a police source said.

Noel was described as an “emotionally fragile” teen who stayed away from school for months because he was afraid of Timothy.

Neighbors say a group of boys often showed up at the apartment where Noel lived with his mother. The boys reportedly harassed Noel and urinated on his apartment door.

“They would go inside the building and urinate in front of his door, they’d kick his door,” building employee Jorge Guerrero, 47, said Thursday morning.

“They come to his building screaming up at his window, ‘We’re going to catch you,’?” said neighbor Stephany Arroyo.
“Every day, they come.”

Noel was allegedly jumped by Timothy on his second day back at school.

Noel “came out of school and Timothy just cracked him in the head and then kneed his face,” said Saibo Sillah, who knew both boys. “Then Noel stabbed Timothy.”

As blood gushed from his wound, Timothy continued to fight until he collapsed and suffered a cardiac arrest. He was taken to Bronx Lebanon Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Timothy’s friend Tyrone Rivers described the moment Timothy’s mother heard the news of her son’s death.

“I could hear her crying. She kept saying, ‘They killed my son! They killed my son!’”

Noel’s supporters are rallying around him. “He was going through a lot of depression,” said family friend Marisol Perez. “Noel was bullied in school. He wouldn’t leave his house for three months.

“Yesterday was his first day back.”

Despite his claims of self defense, Noel was charged as an adult with murder.

71 Responses to “Teen Who Killed Bully Was Afraid for His Life, Police Say”

iscream says:

I hope they reduce the charges and he’s not charged as an adult. To all the bullies of the world be careful because that fear you instill in another might be used against you…. RIP to that young man.

Well :tea: I don’t know what to say

Wasting time says:

Yeah but if it was opposite would the outcome be the same?
    EOD he killed someone; he had courage that day to kilk.

iscream says:

:goodpost: Cause I gots nothing…. I hate fawking bullies… but on the flipside hell Ion know :shrugs:

iscream says:

I hope they reduce the charges and he’s not charged as an adult.

Don’t worry. He won’t see a day behind bars. That’s the way the system is set up. But if his friends are being truthful, it is self defense.

Wasting time says:

Yeah but if it was opposite would the outcome be the same?
    EOD he killed someone; he had courage that day to kill.
    He a thief and a murderer at 14 :no:

The most dangerous people are the ones that are the most afraid.

First of all a 1 on 1 fight is not a jump. The story had me thinking that a group of boys jumped him. Now with that said, since this young man came to him one on one to beat his a$$ for stealing his expensive cell phone he needs to carry his theiving a$$ to jail. Talkin about he was bullied. Yeah stealing people’s shat will cause that from time to time.

User Friendly says:

thats why I tell my son, you never know who is crazier than you. some ppl ACT crazy and some ppl ARE crazy. stay in your lane.

public schools have too much idle time to get into mess. Rest in Peace to the young man and my condolences to the family.

But um… yeah. I don’t believe this kid for one second. Who you told you was getting bullied? You carryin a knife but you couldn’t tell no about a dayum cell phone and a few bucks that yall beefin over?

They saw the Zimmerman strategy and everyone goin for it now.

the story Really doesn’t reflect the victim as a bully. He wanted his money :shrug:

In all of THIS,WHERE THE Fudge where these boys Parents!!! :angry:

If a little snotty nosed basturd’s were kicking my damn door. I would come to the door with a belt, then HOT water THEN…

:no:

iscream says:

I hope they reduce the charges and he’s not charged as an adult.

**********************

No it’s not. That only applies in Florida when the victim is black. You can’t use a weapon in a fist fight and call it self defense. Maybe he needs some consideration because he was getting his theiving behind whooped, but the bottom line is he used a knife in a fist fight. That is not self defense.

@BIRD

GTFOH!

So they peed on the door everyday..yall knew who it was and did nothing? :huh:

:think:

The boy’s parent knew he was being “bullied”, knew he was stealing phones and did nothing? But somebody is dead now so we do something? If it was self defense which is what the kids are describing why is he charged with murder? Was he not in fear of his life?

Do they have SYG in NY?

Wasting time says:

How he only back to school for a day but stole the victims cell phone a few days ago. This will have the Bronx divided quick. This story makes no sense at all. Truant officers come to your home when you out. SO he never told them he was out because he was being bullied? Why was he legally allowed to be out 3 months and than allowed to come back 2 weeks before school ends? SOMETHING AIN’T RIGHT !

Wasting time says:

Do they have SYG in NY?
    =============
    HAIL NAW!

My sentiments Exactly B # 12
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Alla THAT! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

MissL says:

from the way the neigbors and classmates are describing past incidents it seem like this kid is the real victim the only thing is he took that knife to school with the intention to juke up (west indian term) the bully cus he knew that beat down was coming. so sad either way

Buttercup says:

Did Noel report the harassment to police before this fatal incident?

I guess I’m too biased to speak objectively about this. I am fed up with the villainization (yep, I made that up) of black people- especially our men and boys. It’s not always to case, but it happens more often than not.

luVn_liFe… says:

the story Really doesn’t reflect the victim as a bully. He wanted his money

In all of THIS,WHERE THE Fudge where these boys Parents!!!

***************************

Chile boo. That’s why I don’t want to get my daughter a cell phone. They are extremely expensive and I ain’t going to hear nathan if it gets lost. God forbid some theiving child decides to steal it and my child knows who it is. I’ll type me up an invoice and head right over to the parent’s house.

User Friendly says:

I just read the story and Im sorry but I have to blame the parents on both sides. First of all if your child has to miss school for 3 months then why send him back EVER? second, let a lil bitch ass child piss on my door ONCE. let them yell up to my window bout my child ONCE. :karate:

tuh! wouldnt be none of me. :nono: no, sir. nothing comes between my children and their education or safety. you got one time to try it, not no 3 months. you can petition the dept. of ed to transfer your child to another school even in another borough. you dont have to stay in a school where you might manage to get jumped or die.

In all of THIS,WHERE THE Fudge where these boys Parents!!! :angry:

:no:

I wish a bastard would! :blink: Come on now. Even if the parents aren’t acting wouldn’t the building super or maintenance man do something?!?

A phone and a loan? :think: This chit cray.

User Friendly says:

Do they have SYG in NY?

no, but our justice system is extremely liberal and lenient. he will probably go to juvenile detention until he turns 18 and then have the records sealed and go on about his business.

villainization (yep, I made that up)

Naw. :hahaha: That’s an accepted variation. :yes:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

@BIRD

GTFOH!

**************************

The real victim’s parents need to be raising hail about that. That’s that shat Ion’t like. Hate it in fact.

Momma I made it!!! says:

The most dangerous people are the ones that are the most afraid.

========================================

:cosign: you back someone into a corner the fight instinct kicks in!!!

Ni ni says:

My goodness where were the parents

User Friendly says:

Ni ni says:

My goodness where were the parents

if they let their kids go to school on morris ave ( :vomit: ) in the bronx then I would say there were NO DAM WHERE. the only ppl who go to school in the south bronx are the ppl who dont qualify to go anywhere better. sorry, but its true.

Momma I made it!!! says:

——————————————-

its always the ones of no he would never do that to do THE MOST craziest Shat!!! :karate:

Lets discuss. If I tell you your shoes are ugly and your hair is nappy or whatever else kids say to each other, that doesn’t give you the right as a victim of my teasing to knife me. Sure words hurt. But they dont kill.

I cant stand a bully and truth be told I betcha young sir who managed to die prolly needed many an ass whooping BUT that does not excuse someone knifing him to death. Now if he walked out that school and straight up jumped on the one who managed to live (…with no injuries …even tho he was being beaten so bad he needed a weapon..? :think: ) HEY it is what it is imo.

I have actually been jumped. Went to places were I knew I had a mighty high chance of being jumped but never once did I take a weapon..

missyJ says:

Welp that’s what happens, Ion feel sorry for either one. Loss of life is always unfortunate so to his family I’m sorry.

No reason to be fighting anyone over a cellphone, the principle of it or not. Sometimes the boldest choice is to walk away.

Buttercup says:

Naw. :hahaha: That’s an accepted variation. :yes:
    =============
    :lol: I thought I was getting my Trina Braxton on

@BIRD
    “You see how the cops INCESSANTLY referred to the boy with the knife as the “victim” but his azz the one charged with murder. But even the COPS callin the person charged as a “victim.”

GTFOH!

**************************

_____________________________________

Man. I don’t know how “we” are always so silent. Man, all I have is nephews and best believe if something happen to any of them it’s goin be OWN.

Momma I made it!!! says:

————————–

Right like now Ive heard you miss a day they calling your parents jobs cell phones work to see why you are out!!!

missyJ says:

======================

Cosign

Buttercup says:

==============
    These are kids. Their frontal lobes aren’t fully developed, so they lack the ability to rationalize. That’s why it’s important for parents (adults) to get a handle on things.

missyJ says:

===============

I get that 100% I still cannot muster up any sympathy for their poor choices. I might be pms’ing tho check me tomorrow, I’ll probably be crying at the gas station over it.

These are kids.

And boys at that. :| They NEED adults. Slow asses.

Momma I made it!!! says:

——————————

right cause I woulda been :dead: before highschool!!! we would tease the boys in dance class everyday one smelled and the other was fabulous :nun: the smelly one would still talk to us everyday and the other would :cuss: and we are all still breathing!!!

User Friendly says:

not in “those” schools. i have friends who teach in the south bx and its a different world over there. they be so dam happy when those bad ass unruly kids miss a day. my friend started TEACHING special ed in the south bronx with NO EXPERIENCE and not nan degree. they are desperate. she was supposed to be a substitute and ended up teaching the class for two years straight because nobody wants to work there.

another friend of mine said everytime she calls, the parents put the kids on the phone because they dont speak english. eventually she stopped calling. whoever comes to school comes and whoever doesnt :hi: Bye Felicia. too bad, so sad.

missyJ says:

So when you 14, get tried as an adult and found guilty do they still send you to youth detention until 18/21 then you gt transferred to adult prison?

FuturedocDonte says:

“Yesterday was his first day back.”
    —–
    So they let him back in school AFTER he walked around it with a kitchen knife all day :huh:

I’ll be fair, if he was being followed and bullied and jumped on, I can’t fault him for stabbing ol boy (sad that folk can’t fight no more) but were I’m from, you take any form of weapon to school and you are expelled :coffee:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

The most dangerous people are the ones that are the most afraid.
    June 19, 2014 at 3:48 pm
    ——-
    :cosign:

There used to be honor amongst teasers! Now :no: teasing doesn’t build character. Words hurt more than bullets apparently. Zimmerman got mad cause Trayvon told him take his faggot ass on and now he wanna fight and chit. With a weapon. Punk ass! This one wanna steal but turns out he not willing to take a beating for it! Punk ass!

Im just. :ashamed: IDK. :facepalm: I don’t want anybody to be bullied but this is not a soft world. No matter what I teach that doesn’t affect another’s parents household so why set your kids up for failure? Sending them back to a school where its hell for them? :no: SADS! Not me and mine!

iscream says:

Update

The father of the tormented teen who stabbed an alleged bully Wednesday tried to have his son transferred out of the Bronx middle school where the boy had been suffering ongoing abuse, but was denied by a school principal, a family friend said.
    Fourteen-year-old Noel Estevez’s parents had gone to IS 117 to complain that their son was being mistreated just one day before he viciously stabbed fellow student and lead antagonizer Timothy Crump, also 14.
    “His father went to school on Tuesday and spoke to the principal and told him everything that’s going on,” said family friend Marisol Perez, 43. “He told his father, ‘I don’t want to go to school because they are going to kill me.’
    Modal Trigger
    Police sources say Noel (left) feared Timothy (right).
    Photo: Facebook
    “The family asked for a safety transfer, but since it was the end of the school year, they couldn’t give him a safety transfer.”
    Wednesday was Noel’s second day back at school since March, when he stopped showing up because he was afraid to face down Timothy, who is said to have severely harassed the emotionally fragile student.
    “He brought the knife to school because he was afraid for his life,” a police source said of Noel, who had regularly been bullied by Timothy and others. “The victim was definitely the aggressor.”
    Noel was confronted by Timothy, who police said was “lying in wait” and began punching him when he exited school around 3 p.m. That’s when Noel pulled out the knife and repeatedly plunged it into the victim’s chest.
    “The suspect had a beef with the victim,” another police source said. “He stole the victim’s cellphone a few days ago. That’s what the beef was about. The victim was no angel either.”
    A student who knows both boys said the rift between the former friends preceded the cellphone theft and added that things went south after Timothy lent Noel some money that was never repaid.
    “Noel was really scared about what Timothy was going to do to him,” said Yandry Escoto, 16. “[Crump would] say, ‘I’m gonna fight you’ or ‘I’m gonna jump you’ if he didn’t get his money.”
    “He’s a lonely kind of a kid. He was kind of weird,” she continued. “It’s hard to imagine he did this because he didn’t seem the type.”
    Neighbors of Noel said that in recent weeks, the boy had been ruthlessly targeted by a half-dozen boys who would come to his apartment to harass him, a building porter said.
    “Noel was the best kid in the world, he was an excellent kid. It’s a shame. It’s a painful situation.”
    The pattern of harassment started about six weeks ago, but had escalated over the past three weeks with at least a half-dozen urination attacks, Guerrero said.
    Noel’s mom filed a police report after one of the gross stunts, complaining about the little thugs, according to Guerrero.
    When shown a picture of Timothy, Guerrero couldn’t be sure he was one of the offending boys.
    “We had to clean his door. I asked the mother what was going on and she said the boys are urinating on his door,” the building employee said. “We called the office. She later filed a police report.”
    A neighbor also said Noel had been tormented by the victim.
    “They come to his building screaming up at his window, ‘We’re going to catch you,’?” said neighbor Stephanie Arroyo.
    “Every day, they come.”
    “He was going through a lot of depression,’’ she said. “Noel was bullied in school. He wouldn’t leave his house for three months.
    Schools Chancellor Carmen Fariña said the killing disturbed her.

OpinionHated says:

I am anti bullying and I’m a tell you this if you bring sh*t to my door and harrassing my kid I’m gonna forget i’m a mother and you’re a kid and i’m gonna bust that azz further where are the parents I would have been went to the parents like your kid is harrassing my kid blah blah blah and if no resolution and they still keep doing it then i’m bringing out the boiling pot of sugar…. I’m sorry this kid lost his life but its a cautionary tale – stop phucking with people you never know when somebody gonna reach their breaking point and kill yo azz….

User Friendly says:

____________________________

so you waited til June to transfer? c’mon son :rolleyes: these niggas done already went to prom.

Momma I made it!!! says:

@ User tell your friends they get my utmost respect cause I have also heard teachers say that school is more of a babysitter to parents or like a nanny they are raising kids. I know I wouldnt have the patient to be putting up with bad kids!!!

Beta says:

Sad all the way around :no:

:offtopic: I don’t like when people (strangers) walk up to you and you give them answers and they keep pressing you.
    Man off street: I need $$ for my son’s formula… He on WIC it’s almost over (I know better… See him outside on the reg)
    Me: sorry no cash
    Man: uhhhhh you could go to the ATM I’ll wait :waiting:
    :cuss: I KNOW HOW ATMS WORK MF!!!!! IF YOU SO SMART TELL ME WHAT IS NOTHING (what you got right now) PLUS NOTHING (what I am about to give you????

I just walked off

Bootcampgirl says:

I actually work with juvenile offenders now. In DE when they are charged as an adult they put them in a adult facility, but they are separated, they eat, sleep, go to gym everything by themselves. Once they turn 18 they either are released or go to the adult side of the prison…I know you didn’t ask me, but… :tea:

MzTisch says:

^^^^^^^^^
    This will be self-defense ??????

MsB2u says:

by Bird on Jun 19, 2014 at 3:48 pm
    ———————————–
    :applause: I totally agree

~~~~~~~~
    His parents allowed him to stay home for 3 months before the father decided OK enough is enough!

DAFCUKK!

They didnt do all they could do :nono:

MzTisch says:

MisTaken is #unbothered :cool: says:

Me: sorry no cash
    Man: uhhhhh you could go to the ATM I’ll wait

I just walked off

^^^^^^^^^
    The nerve……….

User Friendly says:

_____________________________

I dont even understand having this much time on your hands as a child. They need to get them some business. Hope the other kids parents see this and do better. Kids should not be unsupervised. Evidently they start pissing on stuff if left unattended :rolleyes:

I would put my foot so far up my son’s ass for this. lil R. Kelly ass maggots round here peeing on ppl stuff. oh hell naw! :mad:

IDK…were all the best until we kill somebody.

She said his father found him with a belt around his neck two weeks ago. He was released from the hospital June 11 after recovering from the suicide attempt. <—- and they sent him back to school? :eek: Frfr..

Ni ni says:

@User Friendly now that’s just a dayum shame, po kids don’t have a chance. I still want to know if the boy did or did not steal the phone, seems like he would’ve given it back to him if he did steal it since he feared for his life. OAN the young man seemed to be in need of mental help.

missyJ says:

@BootCamp

Thanks for the info :fistbump:

MzTisch says:

So…..suicide attempt, no school since school started, and pissy door?

They laying on thick for his defense.

I would put my foot so far up my son’s ass for this.

:hahaha: :yes: You know my kids got a talking coming. :huh: You never know what those small minds think is ok. Gotta be explicit with their asses.

coco creamy says:

I had a 8th grader mess with my daughter when she was only in the 6th, my daughter came home and finally told me, I did a MA. to the D.E.A, I JACKED THAT LIL HEIFER UP. BY HER UNIFORM AND TOLD HER DONT EVER TORTURE MY CHILD AGAIN, YOU UNDERSTAND, SHE ROLLED HER EYES, I GRABBED HER HARDER, BEFORE THE THE GYM TEACHER CAUGHT ME, AND , CALLED HER MOM, Her mom flew up ther to the principal office, and ole big burly butch too. :smh: she said “what the problem is”, so the principal spoke, she looked at me and then her daughter and snatched her daugter up by the same collar, :lol: i was like :phew: that big butch would have sat on my azz. but I will take a azz wopen about mine. :coffee:

It also says he also loaned him money that he didn’t pay back. So im guessing the phone was stolen after the money cause they used to be friends. Shameful.

When My son was in school the principal(s) KNEW who My son was, Mainly who IS MOTHER Was.

I stayed getting the butter from the duck on they ass! I could have sued the School Board When my son was in the 6th grade, The school board KNEW the last period teacher was totally in the wrong.
    My son was humiliated to the highest level of fcukery; but he pleaded with me to PLS Not go any further, it would just all humiliate him more.
    :brokenheart:

Trust all the way til the 12th,They Knew to be 10-4 with him.
    :nono:

They laying on thick for his defense.

You forgot the police. They got the police saying the victim is no angel. So you know, when you not an angel you deserve to be stabbed. :eek:

Momma I made it!!! says:

Me: sorry no cash
    Man: uhhhhh you could go to the ATM I’ll wait :waiting:

=========================================

Man: heres my account number you can wire transfer it!!!

User Friendly says:

luVn_liFe… says:

they treat kids so differently when they know the parents are involved. and kids act different right now. my son knows, I will text any one of his teachers right now and ask what he is up to.

try me. science, math, english, basketball coach, lunch lady, school nurse….whatchu wanna do, boo :waiting:

:newpost:

User Friendly says:

so you waited til June to transfer? c’mon son these niggas done already went to prom.

***************************

This story ain’t even trying to make sense. They are describing the murderer as a wierd little victim of bullying with no friends. Yet he was friends with the victim until he stole his cot dang phone which I assume happened after he borrowed money and didn’t pay it back. Daddy don’t give a damn about that child. That’s why he let him stay out of school for months. They are trying to make the murderer look good and wholesome which I think is pure bullshat.