T.I.’s Baby Mama Gets 1K More in Child Support

Photo: INF DAILY

An Atlanta judge has ordered rapper T.I. to pay his baby mama $1,000 more per month than he had already been handing her. He also gets joint custody of his sons Messiah, 8, and Domani, 7.

Last week I received a letter from a woman who said she was Lashon Dixon’s friend. She agreed that T.I. gave his sons everything, inlcuding four wheelers, toys and clothing. But she said T.I. kept everything at his mansion for the children’s use when they came over.

She claimed Lashon didn’t have the means to provide those same luxuries for the boys at her home.

The friend said it was unfair, but I chose not to publish the email because I feel that Lashon needs to get off her ass and get a job in addition to the monies she receives from T.I. every month so she can also provide those things to her children while they are at her home.

This ruling is a victory for all baby daddies everywhere — regardless of their personal wealth — who have to deal with trifling baby mamas.

From the Associated Press:

A judge on Tuesday ordered rapper T.I. to pay more child support to the mother of two of his children after she claimed he wasn’t providing enough money.

Superior Court Judge Bensonetta Tipton Lane told the two-time Grammy winner, whose real name is Clifford Harris, to pay just over $3,000 a month to LaShon Dixon. He had been paying about $2,000 per month.

The judge also said the 27-year-old performer must continue to pay for the boys to attend private school, uninsured medical bills and expenses related to the children’s extracurricular activities.

Tipton Lane also awarded the couple on Tuesday joint custody of the boys, ages 7 and 8. Dixon, 28, was granted primary physical custody. The children previously spent about 40 percent of their time with the rapper.

Dixon’s attorney, Randy Kessler, said his client is still unsatisfied with the amount the judge ordered T.I. to pay but is happy to receive more child support.

“Every little bit helps,” Kessler said. “She was just getting by with the children, while they lived a different life with their father. It can’t be complete opposites on the other side.” (Source)

Thanks to loyal reader 2bme for the tip!

66 Responses to “T.I.’s Baby Mama Gets 1K More in Child Support”

goat76 says:

I bet she thought she was about to get PAID………

Anna says:

Usually with joint custody both parents pay equally. She still gets an ok deal.

Tasha says:

I was waiting on you to post this. I saw it online last night. Too funny. Another $1K towards his sons while their mother doesn’t get what she needed to continue a life on her ass!

She just needs to work. Its his money and his kids money, not hers. Sorry, she doesn’t get that luxury. He’s already given her way more than he’s obligated to. I’m sure he did that so that when the kids are with her, they’d still be comfortable (i.e. down payment on home). She can say he keeps everything at his house, but he gave her one of the most important things she needs to provide her kids! And I’m sure if she gets in financial trouble (with big stuff like the mortgage) he’ll help. Its just not his responsibility to provide her the social lifestyle she’s trying to cop from Tiny!

Anna says:

@ goat76 Says:

I bet she thought she was about to get PAID………
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Maybe 50′s baby mamma ruined it for the rest of these golddiggers.

~K~ says:

“…trifling baby mamas” ?
    How about these men need to stop being “trifling” and be more protective of their seed (sperm) and health (penis) and STOP having all these kids by all these different women whether they have money or not.
    Well, they CHOSE those people so deal with the consequences celebrity or not.

Tasha says:

And she chose him just the same. She needs to just deal with it! Your words!

ELove says:

I NEVER thought that T.I. would get Killed-by-the-Courts…

The fact that he’s taking care of other kids and ALREADY paying MAJOR Bills (Private school, medical, activities, etc) ALL work against the BM. She probably doesn’t even have to buy clothes for them and SHE went in with ONE Lawyers against Several for T.I. GAME OVER !!! ;-)

DivaMama says:

Granted, I’m sure that there are plenty BD’s that are stiffing their BM’s, but this doesn’t seem to be the case here. Get a damn job.

Tasha says:

@ ELove…

Look @ it this way. He’s contributing more, but not enough for her to stay on her azz. So its a small victory for him b/c they didn’t try to make him come up off of too much more. That says that they pretty much feel what he was doing was adequate. Plus, I get she didn’t expect for them to give him joint custody. So she got a slap in the face also.

Tasha says:

correction… I -bet- (not get) ^^^^

HouStar says:

LOL… Just like my husband told his “trifling” baby momma… Its not his fault he was successful and she wasnt…LOL LOL LOL

SHANIASMOMMA says:

SHE THOUGHT SHE WAS GOING TO BE SINGING; “I CAN HAVE WHATEVER I LIKE!”….NOT

ursmyle4me says:

I get annoyed at the fact that she wants the same lifestyle they have when they are with her. She didn’t say that, but that’s what I gathered. Of course the kids are going to live in complete opposites when they are home. Their dad is rich.

The $3,000 is what she needs to support herself. When you calculate private schools, medical insurance, other expenses, and the fact that he has them 40% of the time, she technically gets more than $3,000.

I say, go back to school or get a job. Either way, she needs to get her own money, so the next time she goes into court as a “working” single parent, the courts can at least take interest in the case.

PAGESINADIARY says:

$3,000.00 STILL AINT ENOUGH WHEN SOME FOLKS GETTING $50.00 A WEEK. WHY WOULNDT HE SEND SOME OF THE STUFF HOME?

ladyrazor says:

@ goat76 Says:

I bet she thought she was about to get PAID………

LMAO!! I was thinking the same thing. There was so many people in the last 2 post that was talkin all that shyt….”you see him Hi hata”…lol lazy heffa’s aka baby mommas get a job that goes for the ones milkin the system 2….there are resources out there people…no body owes you anything…

LovelyLady says:

She should have learned from Fifty babys momma…greed gets u know where.

goat76 says:

PAGESINADIARY Said:

————————————————————
    His child support case shouldn’t be compared to somebody elses………I’m glad the judge see’s the evidence, because some of ya’ll are BLIND to the FACTS……..

Don’t depend on no nigga………Get a JoB….

toosexy says:

@goat

that’s 4 real, I think the judgement was a good one. I don’t know what made her think he is suppose to supply her with his lifestyle, he made his money. He takes care of his kids and that’s all that matters.

ladyrazor says:

@ PAGESINADIARY

What you mean that aint enough? Where is her part? Where does she kick in the equation? I know you read the other post and statements by his attorney talking about he helps this girl pay for her car, and rent and so more stuff….so what more does he need to do? she aint wifey…lol Where is her part she putting in if he is doing all this and above? My momma wont even let my niece take her stuff back to her house so i dont see a problem in him keepin the stuff for the kids there. my mom tells my niece everything i buy for you stays here. when you come over you can play with it. and considering the fact he has the kids 40% i dont see a problem.

toosexy says:

@houstar,

I agree.

srv says:

Ya’ll have pretty harsh words for a person you don’t even know. Why do we assume that she is out of work voluntarily? Perhaps she was laid off or fired. It’s not that easy to find good jobs these days. But I will also say that the judge was fair on both behalves.

editorialgirl says:

If T.I. condones you calling the mother of his children trifling, he is beyond ignorant.

WeezysBaby says:

Let a mothersucker give me 3k in child support I will be as happy as a faggot in boysland.. Hell I do for my two on my own with periodic support so I know if I am the average mom making it w/no support and a job she can find her a job and that 3k and be stable.. some ppl are just so SORRY..

HouStar says:

I am sorry but just having children does not automatically make you a saint. A person who has all their needs (note I said needs not wants) taken care of and still asks for more is trifling.

ladyrazor says:

@ editorialgirl

Is there something else we should try calling her? I mean she is not your dream baby momma…lol

Mz_Magnificent1 says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

See that statement really just pissed me off…you getting $3,000 a month PLUS he still has to pay for private school, medical bills and extracurricular activities and you STILL NOT SATISFIED?

I’m sorry but she needs to get the fyck outta here…that statement just confirms what I already thought. She isn’t concerned about those boys being taken care of…she wants to be rockin Gucci bags and pushing BMWs like Tiny.

goat76 says:

@editorialgirl Says:

———————————————————–
    And if so he can’t do nothing about it but make a statement…..as long as he respects the mother of his own kids….

Tasha says:

@ editorialgirl

It is what it is. She isn’t working and expecting someone who is already providing more than she is to provide more so that she can continue to NOT work! Thats trifling! And lazy…but I guess we shouldn’t call her that either?!?! If it looks like a duck…

goat76 says:

There’s no need to be dragging **** from house to house when they are with him just as much with her
    60/40……..If they don’t have video games and toys at their mom house….then what is she doing with the Child Support cause everything else is paid for…..

netta0281 says:

I’m pretty sure she is driving something nice im pretty sure t.i dont let his kids ride in any kind of lemon and if he dont want the kids to take the stuff to their mother house he should but them one for their.

ladyrazor says:

@ goat76

Thats exactly what I’m saying.

editorialgirl says:

I’ll say it again, black people need to aim higher. $3,000 a month or $36,000 a month is not a come up, it’s not making bank, it’s skating and getting by, which is what T.I’s baby mother will be doing. And, to be honest, I think it’s a fair shake.

To automatically trash someone and call them trifling for seeking something you don’t have is really not my idea of honesty. Just because you would, say, kill for any sort of child support from the father of your children, doesn’t mean everyone else should be happy with anything. (Not that I’m stating $3,000 a month is not enough.)

Sandra Rose pretends to have some sort of relationship of friendly terms with T.I. and Tiny, which is why a scathing statement like “trifling” reads a lot more harsh, then say reading something like that from a commenter. It makes it seem as if the item is sanctioned by T.I.

Personally, I have nothing against T.I. I saw him once in a hallway or some such at his record label, and he was very kind. For that reason, despite his run-in with the laws, I have seen him in an ok light.

BUT, does that mean I should trash the mother of his kids because she asks for more? No one rises to low expectations. In case the comment land has left people in the dark, the financial market and world has recently nearly collapsed. We’re in a possible recession. “Get a JOB” is not as simple as saying. And, yeah, that’s including at Starbucks and Linen N’ Things and Bennigans, which are each having their own company layoffs and/or firings.

So pardon me if I think $3,000 is fair and NOT making out like a bandit.

HunE916 says:

Did anybody ever know what she was asking for when she went to court?

Do you know if she just asked to get whatever she was getting now down on paper? What makes you think she wanted hella money?

That’s what the child support system is there for- to make sh!t fair.

It all sounds pretty fair to me!

HunE916 says:

Thank you editorialgirl!

Tasha says:

I think the amount is fair considering the extent of the other necessities he provides (ON HIS OWN).

I just have an issue with her still not being satisfied. The man pays for the majority of the kids’ needs and she’s still not happy. Thats a problem! It means she is interested in more than fair financial responsibility.

flyqtnva says:

GET A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP SUPPORT YOUR CHILDREN AS WELL!!!!!!!!!! YOU LAZY BUM!!!!

I bet she sit around and watch stories all day and read blogs. lol

To editorialgirl: Mcdonalds, Wendys, Popeyes, you name it they hiring. Maybe she can check there, something is better than nothing.

editorialgirl says:

Wendy’s was recently sold to Triac, not sure if they’re exactly on a hiring frenzy. In a soft economy, layoffs generally follow, including at places like McDonald’s, which had their first round after the bubble burst back in 2000-ish.

But, anyone, I have work to do.

katgirl33 says:

I think that $3K a month is fair enough…FOR THE KIDS! If she’s trying to live off it, yeah she is barely getting by. No, their lives won’t be the same if one parent is rich and the other is not…I guess this an extreme case (well, not so extreme for them BMs of celebs) of what happens when we have babies while not being married to the man…

If she wants her kids to have the same lives they have when they are with him, then she need to do what he did…GET YOUR AZZ OUT THERE AND MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN!

Go to school, get a business degree, start your own business, do something girl! I hope she realizes that he ain’t finna take care of her like that….her kids are straight.

I’d be out there pounding the pavement if I was her….she can get a good azz job DO IT! Them babies are straight financially, so that’s less she gotta worry about….

Miss Lashon, I hope you see the hidden opportunities for yourself in this! You got to go out there and GET IT!

GO GET IT GIRL!

LovelyLady says:

BUMP DIS STORY THE TI JUMP OFF, TINY AND THE MYSPACE STORY IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER. A CERTAIN SOMEONE JUST HAD AN INTERVIEW WITH THE GIRL AND SHE SPILLED EVERYTHING. HOPEFULLY AUNTIE POSTS IT

SANDRA CHECK UR INBOX, SANDRA CHECK UR INBOX, SANDRA CHECK UR INBOX

starr says:

I’m sorry, but……..we call a man who isnt providing for his kids a deadbeat mama, she to me is a deadbeat. Plain and simple. 5000 is more than enough, if she’s doing her part as mother….she’s essentially just using the money he gives her to provide, and nothing is wrong with that, but she’s not working. What is she doing.

I don’[t care for the child support system, cuz my mama did it by herself. Never asked for a cent. Worked two jobs, and is sending two of us to college as we speak. Think about how good the kids would be doing if she gets a job, add to that 48k a year come on. I don’t respect women like this. If he wasn’t a rapper, and he didn’t have the $$$ he has, would she just sit on her azz and collect about 230 a month….lets be real.

I”m glad the system is catching up to these women using the system as their sole income….get a job!!! Its CHILD SUPPORT!!!

dakotab says:

If she wants the children to live the same lifestyle as their father let them go live with HIM.

missdisrection says:

I have no children so I can’t relate to LaShon. Motherhood is the greatest job in the world so I by no means belittle all that mothers give and do but why doesn’t she have to work? For the most part, single mothers do work so why the disparity when it comes to baby mama’s of entertainers. Do they feel that they shouldn’t have to work because their baby’s father is an entertainer? I don’t know.

kwallace577 says:

36k a year is enuff. if she thinks otherwise she may need to consider getting herself a better job, some better skills, something.

yeah for tip.

ReadTheBlog says:

Some of yall confuse me. You clown women for having bastard children (rightfully), and then when they take the bastard breeding father (who happens to have Trap Music Money) to court for more support, you clown her then, too?

candi21 says:

Maybe she didnt get a bloated amount because he aint super-rich like 50cent.(50′s BM was getting major dough before she got greedy) Alot of these rappers be faking the funk,leasing Phantoms and renting mansions.When I see yt celebs in the media, ex-wives and BM’s get astronomical amounts of child support.Im talking in the 40k monthly range.

ryan18mac says:

She needs to get a DaMM JOB. I am very suprise that the judge did not order her to get a job. If you ask me, she should have never gotten the xtra 1000. Yeah I know he makes Hell of Money but you need to do your part to as a mother. YOu should want the best for your children therefore you need to try and support them as well.Not depend on your superstar Baby Daddy.

~K~ says:

@Tasha And she chose him just the same. She needs to just deal with it! Your words!
    ____
    Please go back and do a thorough read.
    Better yet, here is a copy and paste from my comment :
    “Actually, that goes BOTH ways, so women too. People just have kids with whomever and then want to do all kinds of complaining later.
    Well, they CHOSE those people so deal with the consequences celebrity or not.”

katgirl33 says:

ReadTheBlog Says:

____________________________________________________________

I think what the Fam is trippin on Read is that she’s not doing enough to help herself….she can’t live off child support, that money is for them kids….her lawyer said she was barely making it with the money he was paying…if she had any kind of a job, that would have been impossible. For her to try and take care of HERSELF on the money he is providing for the kids IZ kinda trife!

He’s actually providing her with more of an opportunity to make some improvements in her own life, by eliminating the burden of: School tuition bills, clothes, medical bills, extracirricular activity fees/supplies/equipment, and I ain’t even talked about the video games and name brand shyt they want…they now have joint custody of the kids…so that’s even more opportunity for her to get her azz out there and do something….

But instead, she’s unsatisfied with the amount she got….

toosexy says:

@KATGIRL 33

I agree, where does she come in at? I mean of course you can’t take care of the whole family with 3,000 a month, but I do. but in her case I mean you should def. be straight, if you went out and got a job, because you really have no expenses as far as the kids, So you have no real reason to be complaining unless YOUR needs are no being meet cuz the kids needs are, you can only buy some many shoes and clothing a month.

goat76 says:

@candi21 Says:

Maybe she didnt get a bloated amount because he aint super-rich like 50cent.(50’s BM was getting major dough before she got greedy) Alot of these rappers be faking the funk,leasing Phantoms and renting mansions.When I see yt celebs in the media, ex-wives and BM’s get astronomical amounts of child support.Im talking in the 40k monthly range.
    ————————————————————

The courts have gotten it right with these two cases that’s all to it….TIP and 50(These niggas income being listed in Forbes)you can’t say that ain’t breaded………and notice you said ex-wives(Like Paul MaCartney(sp)) That settlement is ridiculous but that’s what pre-nups are for…..to stop ridiculous s h i t from happening

bklynchick says:

WOW!!!

Some of ya’ll are on here commenting like ya’ll know this girl. In all the post I have seen about this I have not read one time from SR that the girl has no job. So what she went to the court to ask for more money…. You don’t know what went on between her and T.I. The reason why she needed more. So being that she did that she is “trifling” I know woman who work and got money that call child support daily to get more money and they are not rappers. As far as her wanting to be like Tiny she is they ain’t married they just live together and they are both his baby mama. Now I do believe the agreement is fair, but people really need to stop frontin cause if they had a baby daddy that was bringing in millions they would be in front of the judge to seeing if they could get more dough.

Tasha says:

@ K

I read it correctly the first time…I have an education, I can comprehend!

What I was commenting on was the first thing you said. You questioned the mother being called a “trifling baby mama”.
    My comment was directed at the fact that yea, she is one! Don’t be surprised by it. If so many people on this page see what I see…it must be something to it! Trifling!

Simple & Plain! He does more than her and she’s still beggin. lol Stop!

Tasha says:

@bklynchick

Her friend commented last week on the post and stated that the chick does not work but is in school. Thats where that part came from. I don’t remember her name but her comment is in there somewhere

Krysi J says:

Here we go again….I tell ya what… Good luck with that Lashon and TI….I got my own f*cking life to live and my own damn kids to take care of…NEXT!

ladyrazor says:

@ bklynchick

Keeping it real. If my so called baby daddy had millions like T.I and he was providing all that and then some for my kids…There wouldnt be any reason for me to take him to court for anything….the baby makin was 50/50 for me to want more money would be just down right greedy since he is already doing the above….maybe that is just my mentality…we had a couple of kids shyt happens it doesnt workout…we move on end of story you are tied down by the kids not by the person. And I feel if I’m working and providing from my end and he is doing the same would be no need to go to court..

candi21 says:

Well judging by the Britney Spears case,She is paying 20-25k per month CS, she brings in 800k monthly residual income.(according to public records released by the Calif courts) So she isnt anywhere close to paying 1/3 of her income but it seems to have satisfied KFed and the courts.If using this formula with T I and his BM the 3k seems fair for 1 kid not 2.(considering he still helps out with all the extras) IMO…

It wasnt stated if she had a JOB but If I was her i would use the opportunity to better my education and do it big on my own.
    That dude aint never been in Forbes @ goat76..

~K~ says:

@Tasha
    Um… then perhaps you should have quoted what you were referring to. I know you said you have an education and can comprehend so it’s just a suggestion and not meant to offend your education.
    Another suggestion is to look up the definition of ‘trifling’ since you claim that’s what your primary focus was. I’m not sure how or why people think it means to be lazy or roguish but that’s not what it mean. ( Also see ‘trifle’.)
    As far as what people “see” and what’s “plain and simple” :
    What I see is a woman utilizing the court system in a legal manner. Rappers always talking about doing whatever to get money so maybe she’s just taking advice from a song, possibly even on of T.I. songs . Maybe Lashon loves money and is just trying to “get it fa real”. Plain and simple.
    Lol

ELove says:

How MUCH money did her lawyer get for getting her an EXTRA G towards the kid’s monthly child support payment from T.I.

bklynchick says:

@ladyrazor

I definitely agree with you. Being the parent of two girls my self hell to get anything a month will help as long as we are working together. But I do feel like we have so many woman out here who are always telling their baby daddy they need more money and keep asking. At least she did ask and she got 1000 more than what she was getting. I just don’t feel like she should be called trifling for going to the court to get the amount of child support he should be paying. Now what is trifling is getting child support and instead of providing for the kids you go buy crack with it. (I have a guy friend that is in that situation) and she don’t work or go to school to better herseld. I hope TI’s baby mama finishes school and accomplish her goal. Cause in the end that is the mother of his sons. And they have to some what of a mutual friendship for the kids sake.

goat76 says:

@candi21 said……….
    That dude aint never been in Forbes @ goat76..
    ————————————————————
    So TIP never been listed among the Top Earning Rappers in Forbes with likes of Jay-Z, Luda, PDiddy, Russell Simmons,Dr.Dre,M&M,50 cent……Even Lil Wayne made the list….And people don’t know this but most of 50cent money goes through Dr.Dre and M&M first when it is dealing with Shady/AfterMath then G-Unit…….

HunE916 says:

Forbes can have a listing of the highest paid flying monkies…doesn’t mean dude has hella dough!

…too busy buying guns and paying attorney fees to be balling out of control.

tlenice says:

What I cant believe is her triflin friend had the audacity to email Sandra that crap! She should have been telling her friend to get off her @ss and get a job! I have said it before and will say it again…this has nothing to do with the children, she wants to be Tiny…period! She probably has dumb friends like the one who sent to email in her ear say “Girl, he is taking care of Tiny and her daughter, he needs to take care of you too!” But boo, Tiny is wifey! I was so pissed when I read that ignorant comment her lawyer issued…it is not his responsibility to make sure YOU are taken. Just because you take them to the park around the corner, and he can take them to Disneyworld is not his fault! Like Sandra said…if you gett off you lazy @ss and get a job like REAL WOMEN do, then you too can be off to Orlando! I wish I could talk to this girl just one time…that all I need! And before I go think about this…if he wasnt a famous rapper and was a regular working man, she would be lucky to $1000 a month. I have friends who dont even get that, what would you do then Lashon?????

goat76 says:

@Hune……..got more than all of our a s ses will ever see…..Can you call 500,000 chump change or even 2 or 3 thousand a month chump change…..If I could I wouldn’t be on Sandrarosedotcom……….

What do you consider Hella dough………So TIP income is in the Upper-middle class or is it lower-high class….

kitty4shigady says:

Ugh I just want to smack her damn you lazy heffa get a damn job. You just depending on him to do EVERYTHING for them because he is TI I can stand a lazy ass female. She wants him to support her too that is the bottom line greedy heffa when ir ead the part where are lawyer said she still was not satisfied that ticked me off.

netta0281 says:

its all about the children

netta0281 says:

he has a daughter too i assume her mother is o.k i being real if my baby daddy was loaded i willnt work either and most of you wont either lol