New Music: Willow Smith – “21st Century Girl”

Willow Smith’s 2nd single off her debut Roc Nation album, entitled “21st Century Girl”, is already a flop judging from a sample of blogs that reviewed the track. I didn’t listen to it because 10-year-old brats who sing off-key don’t appeal to me. Willow will perform her new single on Oprah’s All-Time Smartest, Most Talented Kids special tomorrow (Mar. 1). Willow will join other children who Oprah has deemed the smartest and most talented — of course they’re all white. There’s no such thing as talented and smart black kids in Oprah’s world unless their parents are wealthy A-listers.

21st Century Girl by Willow Smith

21 Responses to “New Music: Willow Smith – “21st Century Girl””

:heart: Willow…she is such a cute and talented little girl!!!!

eastpointvet says:

my daughter liked it so i guess its doing its job. not catchy as whip my hair but compared to some stuff on radio it will do pretty well.

Smokie says:

Something about the song reminds me of Rihanna’s “Only Girl in the World”. It’s an OK song… I’m sure it’ll grow on a person…

YSoSerious says:

@Sandra

You gone get enough talking about folks kids. :nono:

Mamacita says:

Seeing how she’s a 10 year old little girl I doubt the song is supposed to appeal to adults. Whip my hair did but are we supposed to expect all her songs to reach an older crowd?

I don’t…

I’m sure children will like it since that’s the intended target.

kids will love it, all that matters

mirsmommy says:

:blink: Damn Sandra, you goin hard in the paint on a 10 year old this a.m., huh?

Good Morning All. :waves:

whatdoesitmatter says:

My daughter doesn’t like her music, which means I don’t have to listen to it. :thumbsup:

yvonne79 says:

I only heard a snippet of it on another site. I’m sure the kids who listen to Disney Radio and watch Teen Nick will be going HAM over this song;my daughter included. Because the song will be set as a ringtone and text notification, I will be forced to like it :coffee:

I like Willow and her song is cute

I didn’t like the snippet I heard, but I didn’t ask my 6 year old’s opinion, who is a die hard Willow fan. I’ll have to ask her when I get home.

Isn’t it interesting that the labels try to have kids appeal to kids? That wasn’t what Motown was trying to do with the Jackson Five. They wanted errbody’s money.

mirsmommy says:

Heyyyy Choc-boogie :waves: Where you been ???

Fated4Greatness says:

I am really fearing for your children, should you decide to have/adopt some one day. *whips hair*

tintin1979 says:

dont really like this song but I know all the little kids will be singing it. YOu gotta admit she has a pretty good voice for such a young kid. I love her and wish her nothing but the best.

sandra is a hater.

figi_9 says:

Sometimes I wonder if this blog is connected to the rest of the world. All the buzz I’ve read about this song has been positive and I actually like it. I’m also not sure why you dislike the Smiths’ children so much as I’m pretty sure you haven’t met them and don’t know them. To consider Willow “a brat” because of some presumed arrogance is kind of messed up, right? I hate to see us tearing each other down when there’s enough success and wealth for everyone. Go Willow! Do your thing, chica! Follow your dreams!

MzLadiKim says:

I am happy for Willow…I do believe that young women need a role model…because CLEARLY Nicki Minaj can’t be every young woman’s role model…not knocking Nicki…I’m just saying…

Queen_City Gem says:

#thumbsdown :coffee:

Definitley ain’t as catchy as ‘Wip My Hair’…now that song I can actually say I like

Jay Bee says:

cmon O we need a lil DIVERSITY… tell ya producers to getwithit.com