Andruw Jones Arrested for Domestic Assault on Christmas Day

Nicole Derick Jones and Andruw Jones

Former Atlanta Braves star Andruw Jones was arrested in Atlanta early Christmas morning and charged with domestic battery, according to jail records obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

The AJC reports that police responded to a domestic dispute call at the home of Jones and his wife, Nicole Derick-Jones, in Duluth, a suburb north of Atlanta.

Jones, 35, was booked into the jail around 3:45 a.m. and released on $2,400 bond by 11 a.m. Tuesday.

Nicole Derick Jones and Andruw Jones

In 17 seasons as a center fielder for the Braves, Jones won 10 consecutive Gold Gloves and had 434 career home runs.

Earlier this month Jones signed a $3.5 million, one-year contract to play in Japan’s Pacific League.

Nicole Jones Chantel Watkins Honesty Jewelry

Nicole Jones teamed up with Jermaine Dupri’s former personal assistant, Chantel Watkins, to launch the HONESTY Jewelry line in 2009, after So So Def went belly up and Watkins was let go along with other longterm staffers.

• Celebrity Jewels: Chris Brown, Cassie Ventura
  • Celebrity Jewels: Beyonce, Kanye West
  • Simone Smith’s Trunk Show at Neiman Marcus In Atlanta
  • Cowboys Star Dez Bryant Arrested for Assaulting His Mother

25 Responses to “Andruw Jones Arrested for Domestic Assault on Christmas Day”

69 says:

Where is everyone today? :waiting:

Merry Christmas Sandra, and Happy New year! :yahoo:

KayCeiSoul says:

I hate to say it, but I don’t feel anything here. Not here for them.
      Sounds like holiday drinking may have gotten out of hand, a few slaps were administered, a slurred call was made to the po-po’s, they arrived, assessed the scene, saw some hue variations (if you will) and made some judgement calls, then AN arrest. :coffee:

I wanna say “That’s what he gets” so bad.
      But I won’t. :coffee:

Shay_OH says:

When will these men stop letting themselves get put in chains?

Sweet-tea says:

I thought most of “them” say they marry white women because they don’t give them any issues. They say white women are sooooo easy to get along with, unlike black women(ROLLING MY EYES).

FuturedocDonte says:

Jermaine Dupri has been missing :thinking:

Is he still DJing :rofl: #timesishard

KayCeiSoul says:

Future – you mean missing as in “milk carton” missing? :shocked:

They’ll find him. He’s just under the dining room table or in the microwave cart taking a lil’ nap. :coffee:

iyonah says:

A black woman would have just..nvm. Tis the season :whistle:
      I want to see Sandra comments on Chrianna baby..lol.

69 says:

iyonah says:

A black woman would have just..nvm.
      _______________________________
      No, go ahead. It would have been something like this :duel: or :chase: in that house and we all know it. :hahaha:

VDot says:

@KayCei – Your writes of situations crack me the fugg up :hahaha:

“a slurred call was made to the po-po’s, they arrived, assessed the scene, saw some hue variations”

I don’t feel sorry for these women dealing with these abusive men :shrugs: I just don’t :tea:

GAGIRL87 says:

I’m hungry :yawn: Can’t wait to warm up these leftovers :coffee:

Apparition says:

Tis the season, I guess. :shrug: There was a fiskars v jugular incident at my lady’s sister crib.

KayCeiSoul says:

69 says:

iyonah says:

A black woman would have just..nvm.
      _______________________________

**************************

On a holiday?

I was thinking more along the lines of :cuss: then :spank: then :hunching:

TBC…I don’t want to go into emoticon default….

Ty says:

Sweet-tea says:

JD is still a local DJ inside the perimeter :party:

Morning All :wave:

KayCeiSoul says:

Continued….

then :hump: then because he was drunk she’d have been :deadhorse: after round one.

I don’t know a sister that wants the po-po’s in her crib on a regulah day taking her man away, let alone a holiday like CHRIMUSS!?! :coffee:

KayCeiSoul says:

@Apparition – who got shanked? Ewwww! Tell it! :popcorn:

Ty says:

Did anybody see Django :think:

Ty says:

Apparition says:

Tis the season, I guess. There was a fiskars v jugular incident at my lady’s sister crib.
      Who got monkey stomped and :spank: with the Christmas Tree :popcorn:

Apparition says:

My girl and he sister have birthdays days apart (her’s is the 21st) in December. We went out to a comedy show/dancing on Saturday and her guy couldn’t come because 1. He’s broke perpetually, 2. I don’t like him. Got back in about 5am. I assume the sister kinda gave the dude the impression that I was trying to hook her up with one of my buddies, which wasn’t true, I was the only man in our group. Plus she’s ugly and I barely even like/tolerate her.

I wasn’t there for the fight but Christmas Eve it kicked off because she was teasing him about it. Supposedly they choked each other out and then she grabbed the scissors and went to town on his torso and neck area.

Couldn’t call the police because she has a restraining order on him but her options are admittedly slim and she would rather have a lousy nigga than no nigga.

My girl woke me up telling me about it and I was mmm hmm and went back to sleep. Haven’t seen dude yet but I kinda want to see the damage because folks be over exaggerating…

A.J. says:

Damn, Nicole is my buddy. I hate that.

iyonah says:

OMG… WOW @ Apparition, but you see how the police weren’t called.

@69 … yeah def would have went like you and kay said… lol.

Crickett says:

I’m so disgusted in black men who give white women black babies.

dopedillema says:

Run out of.money the problems began. Many white women friends of mine feel entitled.