Kris Kross, Xscape, Bow Wow, Jagged Edge, Da Brat and more Attend So So Def 20 Year Anniversary

Latocha Scott Dondria Tameka Scott

So So Def artists and Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed announced the boutique label’s 20 year anniversary at a City Hall press conference in Atlanta today.

So So Def Recordings, home to platinum-selling acts such as Xscape, Bow Wow, Jagged Edge and Da Brat, will celebrate 20 years of hit-making music at an All-Star Anniversary Concert on February 23 at the Fox Theater, it was announced at a press conference today at City Hall.

Latocha Scott (Xscape), left, Dondria, center, and Tameka Scott (Xscape) are pictured above at the event.

Kris Kross

Other So So Def artists on hand for the announcement included Kris Kross (pictured above), Dem Franchize Boyz, Bonecrusher, Xscape, and DJ Nabs.

The Anniversary Concert will be preceded by a series of events, including a private VIP dinner, a star-studded anniversary party and a pre-concert reception. A 20-song “Best of So So Def” compilation CD is also in the works
for a June release.

Concert tickets go on sale Saturday, January 19th and can be purchased online at Ticketmaster. The Concert is produced by So So Def and Mauldin Brand Atlanta and promoted by AEG Live.

Official sponsors of the So So Def 20th Anniversary are VIBE Media, Ciroc, Crown Royal, and Brand Jordan.

Thanks to Saptosa Foster of The 135th Street Agency for sending the photos.

Photo Credit: Chris Mitchell

• ReadingIsFundamental

Sandra you get a blog :trophy: today.

Going back up to read.

• Just Looking Don’t Ask Me NOTHING

Time Goes By and Folks Age…Some better than others. :coffee:

• http://twitter.com/eastpointvet eastpointvet

nice JD def got a huge amount of hits under his belt and im sure it will be some surprise guest that wasnt directly signed to soso but he helped anyway like mariah and usher

• ReadingIsFundamental

DaBrat really needs to do something with that look. I know stud chicks that do way better and keep their identity.

• kingstonn

IS THAT KRIS KROSS? :wail:

• Pickachu Tran

kris kross looking OLD..

• http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qkt7Dx_uK5Y MzDimplez1123

It’s Mariah’s Baby Pappy ala KDubb. :yahoo:

• blackdiamondthemodel

Sweet Jesus look at Kris -Kross! They still look the same

• Betamax82

Warm it up Kris :yes:

• twerkthat

Kris kross :wtf: happen to the lil light boy…..why he look all :shocked:

• Ty

ReadingIsFundamental says:

Sandra you get a blog today
    _________
    :cosign: Lawd I used to love that lil yellow dude from Kris Kross :crying:

• Betamax82

I am glad that Chris decided to cut the rest of those braids off :kona:

• twerkthat

blackdiamondthemodel says:

Sweet Jesus look at Kris -Kross! They still look the same

Huh :shrug: they do not :blink:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gT5U4JOjK8 JMO

Betamax82 says:

Warm it up Kris :yes:
    ____________________________

I’m about to … :yes:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKucUlbrwSU Buttercup

When did the dark lip liner and vaseline come back in style? Why y’all ain’t tell me?!?!?!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIBVMdplt94&feature=related <–Doesn't Talk To Strangers

Brat :woot:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gT5U4JOjK8 JMO

Did they all get the call to show up as they were running errands??

• Ty

Betamax82 says:

I am glad that Chris decided to cut the rest of those braids off
    ________

I’m about to …

Warm it up, Kris ’cause that’s what I was born to do

• Smonae80

:rofl: @ buttercup

• Diva

Just Looking Don’t Ask Me NOTHING says:

Time Goes By and Folks Age…Some better than others.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    A.MEN Sis. Just Looking Don’t Ask Me Nothing!

• Diva

:wave: Smonaeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• OutsidetheBox

Latocha :heart:

• ReadingIsFundamental

This post takes me back to all white Fila’s in my Turquoise Fila jump suit with my pink pager on my hip and long corn rolls down my back with my baby hair brushed forward and lined up around my forehead.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0kpizSCmzA mzwhang90210

Meet me at the altar in your white dress
    We ain’t gettin no younger we might as well do dis
    Been feelin’ you all the while girl I must confess
    Girl let’s just get married I just want to get married
    ________________________________
    The remix of dat ….was.my.JAMMMM! Chit STAYED on repeat

:bootyshake:

• Betamax82

Pastor Troy still carrying that wrestling belt around :facepalm:

• OutsidetheBox

Ombre lips are haute. If thats what they going for. :huh:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gT5U4JOjK8 JMO

FINALLY!!

Sandra posting classics for the young and sexy crew!! …. when everyone is gone :(

:whistle:

“Soooooooooo, Sooooooo, Sooooooo Funkdafied”

:danban:

• Smonae80

:hugs: Diva & OTB

Hey ladies

• OutsidetheBox

I pretty much love everything in this post!

*turns pants around*

• Diva

I guess Da Brat is never gone be a woman! Such a waste…she is so pretty!

• OutsidetheBox

baby hair brushed forward and lined up around my forehead.
    _________________________________________________

Chilli 2013 style. :yes:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gT5U4JOjK8 JMO

Just Looking Don’t Ask Me NOTHING says:

@JMO – Ohh So you know who Kris Cross is, check you out *giggles
    ________________________________________________________

:rofl: … I knew somebody was gonna say something

• Just Looking Don’t Ask Me NOTHING

:offtopic: Stuart Scoot from ESPN says his cancer has returned :sad: He seems like a good guy

• Betamax82

@ JMO this would have been a great earlier post

• libra80sbaby

Kris Kross a make ya JUMP! JUMP! Belee dat!! :love:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0kpizSCmzA mzwhang90210

How old is DaBrat now…I mean really.

:waves:
    Smonaeeeeeeeeee

When Kris Kross made that song “I Missed the Bus”….DL Hugley said “well maybe if y’all turn ya damn clothes around u would’ve caught it.”

• Diva

Viruses Sandramae Laverne Jenkins, you best to fix this rhet now…..

• ysoserious

Wow.

• Diva

mzwhang90210 says:

How old is DaBrat now…I mean really.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    That’s what I’m saying…bish still thugging out with them big thick work boots! smdh

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKucUlbrwSU Buttercup

@ OTB- thanks for the clarification. I think more youtube tutorials are in order though.

• Diva

ysoserious says:

Wow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    YSO, The wolf just did a suggestive action with his tongue….he wants meh

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gT5U4JOjK8 JMO

Beta :yes:

They don’t know about good music…

All that lip quivering … papa was a rolling stone bullchit they be listening too is for the birds :lol:

• ReadingIsFundamental

We was at Six Flags Astroworld in Houston and couldn’t tell us nothing! We all had matching jumpsuits and would coordinate our socks and shoes. Five holes in my ear and each one had a stone that matched whatever I was wearing except the bottom hole… that one had a big *ss gold hoop. Why did I have to grow up!!!!????? I should have just said “F” it like Da Brat and stayed in 1995 forever!

• kingstonn

you couldn’t tell me sht about so so def when “lean wit it” and “white tee” came out. nope! :yahoo:

I loved Kris Kross! I was like 2-4 when they were out but they were still the sht! :lol:

• RoyalLuv3

<= guilty of wearing overalls backwards! Couldn't tell me I wasn't fly either! I may have a picture somewhere

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0kpizSCmzA mzwhang90210

@Divurrr..guhl errrytime I see ya post that gravi makes MY back hurt.
    I’ll bet her bf’s ****le gets lost in them tharrr thangs. Her areola’s (sp) prolly big as hubcabs.

• TPtotalpackage

Sooooo I’m the only that thinks the light skin Kris is still kind of fine? Just me? Oh?

• twerkthat

Kris kross was it back in the day…errrbody use to come to school with they pants backwards and them lil braids

• OutsidetheBox

I think more youtube tutorials are in order though.
    _______________________________

Dondria looks like she got it right. The Scott girls tho.. :no:

• Diva

JMO says:

Beta

They don’t know about good music…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    :stop: hold up wait a minute let me put some soul in it….papa was a rolling stone cause wherever he laid his hat was his home…ION know what ya’ll talking bout….hmmph

• OutsidetheBox

@Smonae :wave: Missed you today bew!

• Betamax82

Papa was a rolling stone :hahaha:

• Smonae80

Mzwhang :waves: hey hunty

So Tina & Kandy the only ones that did good huh :think:

• OutsidetheBox

Her areola’s (sp) prolly big as hubcabs

:ghost:

• Diva

mzwhang90210 says:

@Divurrr..guhl errrytime I see ya post that gravi makes MY back hurt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Log off this site NOW!!! :rofl:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0kpizSCmzA mzwhang90210

kingstonn says:

_______________________________
    Lil young thang…spillin Similac all on tha blog & chit
    :chase:

• kingstonn

excuse my ignorance cause I didn’t really listen to R&B as hard before I came to Texas, but wasn’t Tiny and Kandi in Xscape? if so, why weren’t they there?

• twerkthat

JMO says:

Betamax82 says:

Warm it up Kris
    ____________________________

I’m about to …

Just you boo :shocked:

• ysoserious

@DIVA

I my Huskie wants anything its the Cornish hens you’re Gravi is slow cooking under those breasts.

• Diva

I was like 2-4 when they were out but they were still the sht!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    lawd Jesus come get me now….. I’m going up yonder

• OutsidetheBox

I think Latocha do some ghost writing. :thinking:

She had a song out last yr! :yes:

• Smonae80

This damn phn :mad:
    meant to say Tiny & Kandi

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gT5U4JOjK8 JMO

Diva says:

JMO says:

Beta

They don’t know about good music…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    _________________________________________________________

:nono: and when he diiiiiiiiieeeeedddddd ……. they should’ve left that song alone :lol:

• Pickachu Tran

everybody look like they going through hard times

City Trends SEXY, Rainbow Fabulous

• Diva

ysoserious says:

@DIVA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    You log off too…gone git….. :dead: @Cornish Hens though

• kingstonn

@ whang
    :lol: I was only around for that Jump song! back then Raven Symone was my fave rapper. :hahaha:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKucUlbrwSU Buttercup

:whistle: So let’s make love by candlelight,
    And listen to the quiet storm.
    As I kiss you in the places,
    That make your body warm.

:whistle: toniiiiiiight

• OutsidetheBox

but wasn’t Tiny and Kandi in Xscape?
    _______________________________________

:tea: they sure were.

• ReadingIsFundamental

Kingstonn.. they too good for that now. :nono: heffas got the solo itch and said to hell with them other stippers. Honestly though, I think they don’t want to be seen as “has beens”. They are doing something current and want to be seen as relevant now instead of just back then.

my random reasoning

• Diva

:peace: I’m out…see yall on HUMP day!!!! :buttshake:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gT5U4JOjK8 JMO

Diva says:

I was like 2-4 when they were out but they were still the sht!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    lawd Jesus come get me now….. I’m going up yonder
    ______________________________

• twerkthat

Prolly got betta thangs to do wif they time and plus i don’t think Kandi get along wif one of the sistas

• OutsidetheBox

I love me some cornish hens. Dont fuk it up for me! :hahaha:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gT5U4JOjK8 JMO

kingstonn says:

@ whang
    ______________________________________________________________________

• twerkthat

TPtotalpackage says:

Just you boo :shocked:

• kingstonn

@ reading
    tiny was solo? :blink:
    I ain’t know!

@ otb
    I can always count on you! :hug:

• MzTisch

Me and the Twins from JE :hump:

I lubbs them dudes…even tho all they cds sound the same. I love them eva since Gotta Be!!

• kingstonn

@ JMO
    I know you understand. :lol:
    I can’t be the only one!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0kpizSCmzA mzwhang90210

:dead: @ kingston..

Speaking of tha past…I heard that Stephanie Mills told TVOne she most certainly did NOT want to appear on UnSung because that show does NOT apply to her!

Well!!

• ReadingIsFundamental

I mean she went and did her solo thing.. not singing but, writing and doing behind the scenes stuff. Kind of how she does now with the kiddie group.

• Just Looking Don’t Ask Me NOTHING

I usta Love Raven too! Once we had people over and my son came barreling down the stairs and scremed. Mama your show is on.

That’s so Raven. Everybody looked at me like :wtf: :rofl:

• ReadingIsFundamental

I’m out. Everyone have a good night. I am dizzy trying to focus and see if Kingstonn’s gravi has me seeing nipples or not. I give up.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gT5U4JOjK8 JMO

kingstonn says:

@ JMO
    I know you understand. :lol:
    I can’t be the only one!
    ___________________________________________

:yes: :hahaha:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0kpizSCmzA mzwhang90210

Nite errryones who’s leavin..
    I’m gone too!! God Bless!

:peace:

• twerkthat

Just Looking Don’t Ask Me NOTHING says:

That’s so Raven. Everybody looked at me like

:hahaha: shoot i liked that show my kids had me watching it and then i just started watching it without them

• Just Looking Don’t Ask Me NOTHING

Nite MzWhang :bye:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

@ mzwhang90210: I wonder why Stephanie Mills said that? I would love to see her on Unsung. I had her albums on heavy rotation on my record player when I was in high school. :yes:

• http://happysnappynappy.blogspot.com rozb

@Sanra: I bet there is an interesting story behind her marriage to Jeffrey Daniels (Shalamar) too. :yes:

• http://happysnappynappy.blogspot.com rozb

Oops – I mean *Sandra. Typo… :kona:

• Unshakable

@Ty,

I used to dig him too…..

Cuz I’m the miggety miggety miggety miggety mack daddy!! :rofl:

• http://dawnsheen.blogspot.com/ Min Min Sheen (The artist formally kwn as Dawn Sheen)

will the proceeds be used to help pay Jermaine Dupree’s bills because he stay in foreclosure.

• Who Dat

I missed the bus. I missed the bus… :listen:

Kriss Kross some year long ago… :rofl: 91-92 rings a bell…

• Who Dat

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Stephanie horse faced azz need to stop LY-NIN.

• Who Dat

It’s Mariah’s Baby Pappy ala KDubb
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Mr. Carey looks as dapper as he did in 1994.

Dere’s a new tag team in town nukka… Whoomp…dere it ill…

:listen:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

@ rozb She told that story many years ago. So did Jeffrey. :) I’ve always believed she married him because Michael Jackson didn’t want her. Remember she and Michael were supposed to be dating? I never believed it. There was zero sparks between them. :lol:

• J2201987

Wow! I’d love to go to that!

• MsOnederful

I hope Kandi puts her differences aside with Tameka Scott and join the line up…They were a great group! Tameka years ago went on NY Radio and said that Kandi used to slay J.D. on Miss Jones radio show. This is before the RHOA fame though…Morning Roses!

• Twilight

No Kandi with this reunion. possible 3 original members so far from what i am told. hell i need to update my blogger with news of Xscape news.*sigh* maybe today. @sandra you have to go in your picture album and grab some old throw back pictures that you have taken of these groups.

• Yardgirl

I hope they take the concert on the road!! :listen: If not I may have to do quick fly out to Atlanta!! :danban1:

• pointhimout

Will Kandi be there to sign my RHOA photo of her? And can she bring Todd just because? I like looking at him. He’s not a 10 or a 4; he’s just right.