Celebrity Style: Rihanna, Christina Aguilera

American Music Awards - Press Room - Los Angeles, California

Bajan singer Rihanna took away the biggest honor at the 2013 American Music Awards on Sunday night with the first ever AMA ICON Award.

A humbled Rihanna thanked her fans for supporting her throughout her troubled journey. “So many people had joined this journey… so many people I have to thank. Oh I love you guys so much! Thank you!” said Rihanna while hoisting her trophy in the air. Afterwards, rapper 2 Chainz paid Rihanna a compliment. “She does the best she can at being herself,” he said. “I think that’s what more people need to start doing; we need more leaders and less followers,” 2 Chainz added.

According to Red Carpet Fashion blog, Rihanna skipped the red carpet portion of the awards show. She showed up onstage to accept her Favourite Soul/R&B Artist of the Year Award wearing a sexy two-piece from the Jean Paul Gaultier Spring 2014 Collection.

Rihanna wearing Jean Paul Gaultier

From Red Carpet Fashion Awards:

The look consisted of a black bustier top with a floor-sweeping sheer lace skirt with girdle-like construction.

A collection of jewels courtesy of Lynn Ban and Repossi plus an Alex Mika ear cuff accessorized her look.

It’s by far from being her best look, but I don’t hate it.

On the downside her wrap-setting hairstyle is beyond ridiculous plus the tan lines are tacky.

American Music Awards 2013

Pop Diva Christina Aguilera didn’t disappoint in this sexy white Maria Lucia Hohan long-sleeve, plunging gown with side peekaboo cutouts and a thigh-high slit.

Photos: Nate Beckett and Emmerson for Splash News

114 Responses to “Celebrity Style: Rihanna, Christina Aguilera”

Flawless says:

I like Christina’s dress

ohpretty1 says:

I didn’t see the show but I like both of their dresses. Could someone tell me what hairstyle Rhi is wearing?

Watch all the ratchets walk around with their hair wrapped now, thanks to Rihanna.

lol it is wrapped @ohpretty1

Jdore says:

Why did Riri show up with the hood head wrap when she’s receiving an ICON award??? :nono: Christina looks good these days :yes:

The Master Beta :D says:

Rih looks so young here

Smonae says:

Christina looking good :yes: her hair ok I guess

Rih looked decent minus that wrap. My 4 yr old was really bothered by her hair last night

4 yr old: Ma why she didnt comb her hair and she on TV, u would never let me go outside like that huh :rofl:

Eye of Heart says:

Christina looks great in that dress!

libra80sbaby says:

Baby, Christina is BACK!!!! :tea:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

plus the tan lines are tacky.
    oh the horror :rolleyes:

Could someone tell me what hairstyle Rhi is wearing
    the I don’t give F? The look at you.. now look at us.. all my ni99as rich as f so we don’t even unwrap our hair :shrugs:

The Master Beta :D says:

@ Ohpretty1 It looks like a wrap hairstyle with bobby pins

lovezoe says:

Christina looks nothing like her Genie in a bottle days. Love her weight loss. Is Rihanna an FOTB again?

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Christina :claps: You came a long way and didn’t let them get you down. On another note can you let the blond hair and red lips die? I know that’s your thing but you would stun right now with a little bit darker locs :thumbsup:

lovezoe says:

Rihanna had her hair wrapped with some bedazzled BSS bobby pins.

Matchsticks says:

Rih looked hotter than fish grease…but the wrap with the bobby pins still in place… :nono:

“these aint even real clothes, we pajama rich”—Kanye

Christina better not bleed in that white dress. :cuss: i like her clutch tho. :thumbsup:

ohpretty1 says:

TheRealAshland says:

lol it is wrapped @ohpretty1

———

:hailnaw: I thought it was a pixie cut.

Smonae says:

GM :waves: Sandra
    Flawless
    Beta
    Jdore
    Ashland
    Ohpretty1
    Taken
    Libra
    Eye of Heart
    LoveZ
    Matchsticks
    Orange Blossom

Don’t put this forsaken chic pic on front :facepalm: Couldve had a nice pixie tapered cut nut noooo she just couldn’t do that.

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Christina better not bleed in that white dress.
    That was spray tan she said :rofl:

bgood says:

I love the dress on Rhi Rhi but I have to agree the ratchet hood girls are going to follow suit. Don’t blame Rhi blame her hairstylist who didn’t have time to unwrap her hair and gave her the go ahead to go on stage and then giggled :ha:

Matchsticks says:

:hi: @Smonae

GAGIRL87 says:

I see chicks ALL THEE TIME in my hood walking around with their hair wrapped so it’s not a biggie to me an I don’t think it will start a trend either. Sometimes when you want your hair to fall right the next day you wrap it AND if I have to make a quick run to Kroger I’m not about to unwrap my shyt sorry :coffee: *disclaimer* this does not excuse Rhi’s a$$ for doing this at an awards show tho :coffee:

DownBottom says:

:lol: @bedazzled bobby pins

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Smonae :hugs:

Anna says:

I watched the first few minutes, The Wizard Of Oz was on. Last yr. at the AMA Christina looked like she weighed 300 lbs.
    One can receive an “Icon” award and be 25?

Smonae :kiss: hey my love

Taken, San, Beta, Libra, EyeHeart,Zoe, Blossom :hug:

A.J. says:

Rihanna is a round the way fillet (in my Sheneneh Jenkins voice) :rofl:

Afiya says:

Isn’t that a wrap band around Rhi’s head? Is that fashionable for red carpet now? :thinking: That reminds me of do-rags with hats & suits.

@Taken, I think you have questions for me?

Robyn hair is wrapped like she just left the $10 doobie hair spot on a Saturday morning.

:dead:

GAGIRL87 says:

DownBottom :yahoo: you sneak in & out :lol: well gimme a :hug: before you go lol

A.J. says:

GaGirl, Smonae how yall doing?

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

GAGirl :happy: It’s Monday again. Where did the weekend go :cry:

Eye of Heart says:

@Ga, I was bbouta say she at a fuggin awards show with a damn coutoure dress on. She need her ass kicked several times! I think they made up the icon award at the last minute to get her to show up and she said fukk it, I got a flight tight after I leave here and I aint but to unwrap my hair. :lol:

The Master Beta :D says:

Smonae :hi:

I was the wrap queen before I went natural, didn’t even need bobby pins for it to stay :nun: No one knew but my fam tho :nono:

Anna says:

One can receive an “Icon” award and be 25?
    ______________________________

regular ppl vote for these particular awards and to those ppl Rihanna has been making hits for as long as theyve been alive. so to them, yeah :shrugs:

its basically like the kids choice awards.

Christina look ere bit of 55 she looks a mess from TOP to BOTTOM :coffee:

Eye of Heart says:

:waves: Hey Smonae :hugs:

Smonae says:

:waves: San, Anna, DB, Who Dat, Afiya & Bgood

GA :kiss: :hugs:

AJ :hugs: doing good this a.m. how about u sir??

JT…my honey boo boo. :love:

I Cant Drink You Away…I’ve tried Jack, I’ve tried Jimmmmm, I’ve tried all of their friendssssss :headphones:

ohpretty1 says:

Hi Smonae and all others.

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

@Taken, I think you have questions for me?
    :eek: Let me go check my font.
    Uh :rules: <– I don't recall ever saying I had a question. The only thing I directed at you was when you said Ciara was linebacker built and I said some of us have generous shoulders and leave her alone she ain't wide byked :shrugs:

GAGIRL87 says:

AJizzle :hug: it’s Monday :( Just got out of a meeting I’m so unstable this a.m. how’s your morning?

Eye of Heart says:

@Ga, Have you bought us any new shoes lately? :waiting:

Who Dat BoardWalk Empire? I might need to re watch it bc I wasn’t please :/

Ni ni says:

This is the besy ive seen rihanna look in a while. I wish christina tone down her look.

The Master Beta :D says:

GA :hi:

A.J. says:

wearing a sexy two-piece from the Jean Paul Gaultier Spring 2014 Collection.
    _________
    But it’s from JPG Spring 2013 Couture line tho.

Robyn skin was the absolute TRUTH though. Hand the hail DOWN.

:nun:

Ni ni says:

*best

A.J. says:

Real good and stuff.

MSVALLDAY says:

I’m sorry but I can’t get with her receiving an ICON award. So you can be an icon and smoke weed, get back with your abusive lover, and do all kind of raunchy shyt on fb and twitter???? Nah not icon status in my book.

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

But it’s from JPG Spring 2013 Couture line tho.
    Don’t you go reading the post and pictures :spank: We all saw it but we ain’t say nan :lol:

gypsyeyes says:

WHEN JUSTIN STARTED TALKING LIKE RHIANA’S MOM I WAS CRYING…

Who Dat BoardWalk Empire?
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    POOR RICHARD. :wail:

I knew when he was dreaming at the end that he had committed suicide. Once before in earlier seasons he had pictured himself before he had to wear the mask… :crying1:

MAN LISTEN…and CHALKY! Nukka gonna just be in MARYLAND now? FUGG DAT!

————
    Maam :tea:

Afiya says:

OH OK, I thought that shade font was for me…you know you can get crunk from time to time :yes: thought you were trying to manufacture a crisis :wink: I wanted to help you :D

Eye of Heart says:

Robyn skin was the absolute TRUTH though. Hand the hail DOWN
    ____

Won’t it tho? Just beautifru :yes:

MSVALLDAY says:

Now that darn Justin Timberlake did the damn thing last night!!!

lovezoe says:

Dubb- they were falling it a Dominican blowout. Them thangs severely messed my hair up.

A.J. says:

But it’s from JPG Spring 2013 Couture line tho.
    Shole should have tho!! No holds barred, no? It’s the holidays

GAGIRL87 says:

Eye Heart actually I’ve been shopping for my son :crying: BUT I’m looking at some sexy over the knee boots for x mas :grill: I love london trash but their soooo expensive :crying: what chu been buying? :popcorn:

lovezoe says:

When we gone talk about how Apollo dun cheated on Phaedra!

A.J. says:

Taken you give me the word ma’am. I’ll be ova here waiting in the :kona:

POOR RICHARD
    ___________________________________________

Who Dat :( didn’t he kill Chalky’s daughter?

Ty says:

Jdore says:

I was wondering why they didn’t comb the wrap out myself :shrug:

I enjoyed the show and found some new music. I like the One Direction song :yes: and why did JT dominate the RnB Soul category :smack:

Nice album but I felt some kind of way :cry:

Hey Roses :wave:

When we gone talk about how Apollo dun cheated on Phaedra!

————–
    Id leave that punk mofo. Crying and shyt about time and trying to avoid the damn topic. I think he’s lying. Acting like he won’t turn into Hulk Hogan if the shoes wasn’t on the other foot. I can’t stand his type. I don’t play that shyt with dudes.

Afiya says:

@Lovezoe

YES LAWD, and wit that bumpy face twirly Kenya :smack: I wanted to cut him with a steak knife too for his attitude :no:

And Xtina dress is not hot, looks cheap

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

___________________________________
    I always @ em or dap em with mine even when I manufacture crisis.
    But that :cloud: was for Orange and she knows why :lol:
    When have I ever gotten crunk :thinking: Jokes :yes: Crunk :no:

Anna says:

Orange Blossom says:

Anna says:

One can receive an “Icon” award and be 25?
    ______________________________

its basically like the kids choice awards.
    ~~~~~

MSVALLDAY says:

~~~~
    We have the answer. The ppl vote.

A.J. says:

When we gone talk about how Apollo dun cheated on Phaedra!
    :lol: go head on. I wanna know where Phaedra finds tha Elvira attire? That’s the question on the flo! She the freak but aint freakin her man talking about 4 more days..in Atlanta tho?!

Now that darn Justin Timberlake did the damn thing last night!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    My name is Justin Timberlake and these are the TN kids…and THIS? Is a song…about alcohol. :nun: I WANNA love another male artist as much as I love JT. I JUST CAINT though. :no:

Where was his wife? Like ole girl in Boyz In Da Hood said…Jessica best WATCH his FIONE AZZ. TUH. MANNIE womens was giving him the eye he went up there to colleck his awards. I seen them clockin him on national TV!! :eek:

Afiya says:

OK @Taken we :cheers:

MissHarlem says:

Get it Christina :yes: She is def serving a big fat FCK YOU to the critics about her body. GET IT BITCH :danban:

———–
    Shid Phae said she’s tired! Gotta be mama, provider, and adult. Shyt go do something Apollo

And Xtina dress is not hot, looks cheap
    _________________________________________________________________

:yes:

Jdore says:

:hi: Hey Smonae and AJ!

Who Dat didn’t he kill Chalky’s daughter?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    It was an accident. :sad: While he was having second thoughts… evil man pulled her into the line of fire.

MSVALLDAY says:

girl you must not know bout james brown. that nigga was ratchet!

buried in his daughter’s backyard. still ratchet, even after death. still an icon

bob marley smoked hella weed. still an icon

and michael jackson??? shiiiiiiiiiiiiit still an icon

and how many ass whoopins did Tina Turner take? more than Rihanna im sure. still an icon

matta fact, name somebody who aint ratchet? Marilyn Monroe? JFK? Bill Clinton? :shrugs: still iconic.

cant throw out the baby with the bath water. ppl relate to redemption stories.

DownBottom says:

:hahaha: @GA, I am here, for now :hug:

MORNING ALL!!! :waves:

Eye of Heart says:

GAGIRL87 says:

Eye Heart actually I’ve been shopping for my son BUT I’m looking at some sexy over the knee boots for x mas I love london trash but their soooo expensive what chu been buying?

Dang man :mad: I been on my Jessica Simpson and Steve Madden ish lately! I love London trash too but I just can’t bring myself to pay that much just yet :crying:

Ty :kiss:

A.J. says:

Jdore whassup!

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

A.J. :whistle: Boy if you only knew I wasn’t even trying to shade anybody. I was reading subliminal font minding my own biz iz ny ee
    But meh :shrugs: What are you going to do. I have yet to crank it up on here and probably never will :lol:

girl you must not know bout james brown. that nigga was ratchet!

bob marley smoked hella weed. still an icon

and michael jackson??? shiiiiiiiiiiiiit still an icon

matta fact, name somebody who aint ratchet? Marilyn Monroe? JFK? Bill Clinton? still iconic.

cant throw out the baby with the bath water. ppl relate to redemption stories.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Cosign. All of this.

Ty says:

Robyn skin was the absolute TRUTH though. Hand the hail DOWN.
    :cosign: U know the comparisons started with her and Bey :smack: Folks were saying that Bey should’ve got the first Icon award :huh: Im not a fan of either but Rhi has been stuntin consistently since she came out with her hits, style, body :nun:

Pon De Replay, Please Don’t Stop the Music, Fresh off da Runway is on my gym playlist :danban:

America Ratchet. There you go :tea:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Afiya :wink:

Add in Whitney and her drug use and death.
    And hell even my Mimi for stealing her first husband way from his first wife…and her subsequent nervous breakdown. On TV noless.

Iconic. :nun:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

cant throw out the baby with the bath water. ppl relate to redemption stories.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Cosign. All of this.
    :cosign: agreed

GAGIRL87 says:

If ya real like me (like me)
    Throw ya hoods in da air so da whole wide world can see (ay)
    Last of a dying breed, Last of a dying breed, Last of a dying breed
    And if ya real like me (like me)
    Keep that thang on ya hip that’s just da way that its gotta be
    Last of a dying breed, Last of a dying breed,last of a dying breed

:headphone:

Bye everybody :hi: I’m behind on these claims :( hopefully this Jeezy will help me out :whistle:

Smonae says:

Them calling Rih the voice of the decade :rofl:

Eye of Heart says:

:cosign: Orange Blossom statement :yes: Never looked at it that way.

Ty says:

I didn’t know she sold 50 Million records in 8 years :huh: yeah Imma let her be great :trophy: Hell most seasoned artist havent accomplished that

Smonae says:

I dont see how Rih got the Icon award :shrugs: for being the download queen, people just downloading singles not buying the whole album :shrugs:

gypsyeyes says:

AINT NO TELLING WHO APOLLO BEEN FAWKING. TOLD YALL HIS BROTHER WAS LIVING IN THE PAHTMENT OVER ME AND HE WAS ALWAYS UP THERE. YOU KNOW THAT HE HAD SOMEONE UP THERE DOING SOMETHING.

MissHarlem says:

Into the garden where
    Temptation feel so right
    Passion can make you fall
    From what you feel

In the garden, we can
    Make it come alive
    Every night
    Oh, woman
    Here in the garden

You know I never
    Wanted anyone
    I never wanted anyone
    As much as I
    As much as I want you

:listen: sways with lighter that damn Quincy Jones

Afiya says:

:stop: Where is Sandra’s confession she mentioned down stairs :waiting:

:hi: Smonae, I spoke to everyone down stairs don’t want you to think I was being rude :no:

DownBottom says:

@TY, she’s sold about 100 million worldwide in shorter timeframe than many, *RIAA certs* :lol:

A.J. says:

Them calling Rih the voice of the decade
    _______
    :dead:

Smonae says:

Afiya :hugs:

Smonae says:

Wiki got Rih for 50 million worldwide, 180 mil singles sold worlwide

Its def nothing to downplay, but voice of the decade, not that sh*t funny :hahaha:

Ty says:

@ Down I was reading her stats last night and she has showed out within 8 years :nun: Cant even take that from her, just wish she would write some of her music

Ty says:

Its def nothing to downplay, but voice of the decade
    I don’t think they meant that literally :shrug: I think it meant that she is a trendsetter because folks are always checking for her style and music. Especially yt teenage girls that buy her albums :coffee:

DownBottom says:

@TY, yes! get that songwriting cred! Keep the dough flow, :lol:

DownBottom says:

@TY, The late great Whit didn’t write any of her music either unfortunately I believe. That’s where the money is, writing and producing cred. :tea:

Smonae says:

Well Rih and voice of the decade should never be in that same paragraph let alone sentence :hahaha: chit hilarious

Smonae says:

DB they need to just say they write the songs and take em like my girl :yes:

Bey might not write it, but she getting credit for it.

Ty says:

DownBottom says:

Nope that’s why she almost broke when she passed :(