Actor Charged With Killing His Wife

Actor Charged With Killing His Wife

Actor Michael Jace, 51, is charged with murdering his wife, according to published reports.

“I shot my wife,” Jace told police after calling 911 Monday night, gossip tabloid TMZ reports.

April Jace, 40, was found dead in the couple’s south Los Angeles home by police at about 8:30 p.m. Tuesday. She was shot to death.

The couple is pictured above in a photo dated Jan. 01, 2006 at the LA Premiere Screening of his TV series The Shield, Season 5, in which he played a gay cop who struggled with his sexual preferences.

LAPD Lt. John Jenal told the Los Angeles Daily News that the couple’s two sons were present in the home at the time of the shooting. The children are in protective custody, Jenal said.

Jace is known for his roles on the TV series “The Shield”, “Southland”, and for his role as NBA great Michael Jordan in the 1999 TV movie “Michael Jordan: An American Hero.”

“He was a very cool guy, and always very cordial,” said Chester Taylor, a 72-year-old neighbor.

Taylor said he often saw the 6′-4″ actor walking his German Shepherd in the neighborhood.

“It’s really a shame about the two boys,” he added. “And I don’t know what’ll become of that dog.”

Photo: INFphoto.com

78 Responses to “Actor Charged With Killing His Wife”

I hope their children will be ok :pray:

JuanHustle says:

Seen the video of him in handcuffs outside the police cruiser. Yeah, it’s a wrap for him.

missyJ says:

Was it an accident?

===============

He spoke them cops all night and they charged him with murder but He black as chit so LAPD might be jumping the gun

Beta says:

Oh my that’s sad RIP

“And I don’t know what’ll become of that dog.”
    ________________________

:facepalm: Im gonna go out on a limb and say this person was of a lighter hue

What a terribly sad story. God bless their poor babies.

I found it very interesting that they lived in a very modest house is a neighborhood that isn’t the safest in the world. I’m sure their interesting circumstances will be dragged through the mud before it’s all over.

User Friendly says:

“And I don’t know what’ll become of that dog.”
    ________________________

Im gonna go out on a limb and say this person was of a lighter hue

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

um, yeah, i kinda chuckled involuntarily when i read that part :oops:

User
    I’m with you fugg I care about the dog for right now :huh:

San ah make ya dance says:

:no:

hell_on_heels says:

Extending both prayers & condolences….

SAd
    SAD
    SAD
    :no:
    just tragic

San ah make ya dance says:

Don’t love me to death please

“And I don’t know what’ll become of that dog.”
    :blink:

FOH! who gives a damn,I don’t know what will become of the boys!

How old where they, I hope they didn’t witness this :|

_________________________________

it would prob be more ‘sensational’ if they lived in a mansion inside a gated community :shrug:
    and no matter where people live, it seems that the local response is always “i never thought anything like that would happen here” and sometimes that’s even the response in decidedly ‘bad’ neighborhoods

:wtf: really … the dog

FuturedocDonte says:

Fool was supposed to wait until AFTER the blade runner verdict :no:

And he did it with the chirrens in the house. :no:

SOTHERNGRL says:

You know what I will keep my lil plain ol husband cause these damn stars and these damn ballers have lost they damn mine. Now this fool got Columbus Short short azz calling his wife talmbout see at LEAST I didnt kill you I just said I would. This is a pure n tee damn shame.

FuturedocDonte says:

This is a pure n tee damn shame
    —-
    I looked at this like ” where she from”. Saw your handle and was like “nevermind” :lol:

the boys are both under 10, their mother was beautiful.
    DAMN
    SHAME

He has a million dollar bond :blink: U get a bond on a homicide??

“under 10″ :shocked:
    dang, it must have been something serious (IF he did it)

Buttercup says:

“And I don’t know what’ll become of that dog.”
    ________________________
    :facepalm: Im gonna go out on a limb and say this person was of a lighter hue
    ==========
    :no: I think Chester is one of us. Auntie’s write-up states that Chester is 72, and we all know that older black men always take man’s best friend seriously.

older black men always take man’s best friend seriously.

:huh: since when? my grandaddy would kick a dog with the quickness.

not speculating on what happened, BUT:
    WHEN PEOPLE SHOW YOU THEIR CRAZY, PLEASE SEE IT FOR WHAT IT IS AND GET THEE HECK ON AWAY FROM ‘EM :kona:

Jace was home alone when his wife arrived with their kids … a short time later he allegedly shot her.

Jace’s 2 kids witnessed him allegedly shooting and killing their mom. The kids — both under 10 — were extremely upset and taken to the police station. We’re told cops are angry it took Children’s Services 4 hours to get to the station and take the kids to the home of a family member where they could be comforted.

thats terrible luvie. their childhood is forever tarnished :cry:

now if i WAS to speculate… i’d say it was real real serious, like maybe one of the boys aint his? there was infidelity? she wanted out? he was just plain crazy? :think:

Hey Butter! :happy:

you gon at least pretend to work today or nah? :lol:

Buttercup says:

“And I don’t know what’ll become of that dog.”
    ________________________
    :facepalm: Im gonna go out on a limb and say this person was of a lighter hue
    ==========

Not mine :lol: My dad can’t stand dogs with they stankin azzes <<< his words :lol:

SOTHERNGRL says:

How old where they, I hope they didn’t witness this
    ************
    @Luvvie they are both under the age of 10 and I think they were there. They said Daddy shot/killed Mommy. The cops were pissed because they said it took DPS 4 hrs to come get the boys so that they could be with family members.

Kanye West: “He ordered his Auntie Jean to walk six steps behind Kim!”
    :facepalm:

Buttercup says:

since when? my grandaddy would kick a dog with the quickness.
    ===============
    Maybe it’s a Southern thing, but all of the older men I know LOVE dogs. Honey Dip’s Pop-Pop just lost his dog about a month ago, so we had to call and check on him. He wouldn’t speak with anyone for about a week.

I’ve seen many older men sitting on the porch and sharing whatever he’s eating (Moon Pies, fruit, uncooked hot dogs with saltine crackers) with his dog :lol: Maybe I’m just country.

Sad days indeed!! R.I.P Mizz lady

Buttercup says:

Hey Butter! :happy:
    you gon at least pretend to work today or nah? :lol:
    =========
    Hey Nancy :hug:

Girl, I haven’t pretended to work in at least a month. I’ve been on the phone with movers since I finished up with that training.

He really don’t want to ever work again huh? he just like F IT I’m a killer nah :huh:
    Sit yo simple self down somewhere.

Kanye West: “He ordered his Auntie Jean to walk six steps behind Kim!”
    ___________________________

it’s prob best for Aunt Jeanie, considering the potential odour wafting offa them putrid butt pads :rolleyes:

I am SEW mad :cuss: Because this chick is out on leave I have been tapped to pull together some info for a proposal we are vetting and my GAWD half the info is missing. It’s one of those tasks where there is no easy way to get the data other to go in and count line by line for a total. I need the info for all of 2013 and projections for 2014. I am about to cry cause I don’t wanna work. About to try to see if I can find some invoices in this software to save me :no:

scorpio says:

How sad, she was nice looking too. Accident or not, the kids will always know their dad killed their mom.

Dang am I the only one who’s comments are being MODERATED? Sandra what I do? lol

Oh and mind you if the chick had better ways of capturing data.. and kept it in a spreadsheet :huh: I wouldn’t have to do this. I keep a monthly report for all of my numbers in a file on a drive. It’s easy to get my numbers :tea:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    lol, True

Just Looking says:

this is horrible… Folks are just plain mad :sad:

God Bless the Babies.

And the dog, what will happen….what a odd statement.

SOTHERNGRL says:

Regarding old black men and dogs if my deddy dog look like he wanna sniffle he got to go to the vet. But his azz will stay sick but not Blue :nono:

Just Looking says:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

You are the hardest working chic, you can do it.. Yes you can :cheer: We’ll see you later.

Just smashed some watermelon :yawn:

libra80sbaby says:

Word is that she was wanting to file for divorce. :no: It’s a shame, weak azz ppl killing folks over broken hearts and chit. Sad, Bruh…just sad

Just Looking says:

Nancy Drew (fka IsThisThingOn) has entered into witness protection :cool: says:

not speculating on what happened, BUT:
    yes, this is a the only truth that Nancy has shared :tea:

When people show you who you are believe it.

hey girl :hug:

and what you know bout truth, Miss Missy?! :mad:

oh, wait, let me take my own advice… ‘heeeey gurl’ :waves:
    *gets thee heck on away from her* :kona:

:hahaha: :hug:

libra80sbaby says:

I just dont understand it. Everyday, I see a story about someone killing someone else who they SUPPOSEDLY love so much, just because the other person is done with the relationship. To me, even if you dont give a chit about me and MY life, at LEAST care enough about your children to NOT take their mother away from them. This type of “Crime of Passion” chit is just :facepalm: fuggin ridiculous. You so weak and selfish that if I dont want to be with you, you gone take me out??!! ole bytch azz

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

So the girl at work, left because her son home alone, stove on, and smoke in the house. Mind you her baby is like 5. :blink:

Buttercup says:

=======
    :lol: That’s why I said I think it’s a Southern thing. My uncles who lives in NY doesn’t have a dog, but the one who lives in GA has at least 2. He always has.

Just smashed some watermelon
    ========
    One thing that I miss SEW much. I feel bad when I tell Lil Butter no when he asks to buy watermelon from the store. I have never paid more than $0.50 for a watermelon, so $6 seems like highway robbery :nono:

SummerBaby says:

RIP to this lady! This is so sad & such a shame. These type of occurrences are way to common in the news. I’m praying for those children.

Just smashed some watermelon

that sounds good Jenie. i forgot to stop and get my mixed fruit this a.m. …now i’m sitting here hungry :rolleyes:

*Do.Not.Order.JimmyJohns* :nun:
    *Do.Not.Order.JimmyJohns* :nun:
    *Do.Not.Order.JimmyJohns* :nun:

:cry:

MrsL says:

Those poor boys. :smh: That dog statement was random though. I like dogs, but to me it seems like people care more about them than humans.

I have seen some folks call cops on people about mistreating a dog (i.e. a guy called the cops on someone because she had tied her dog up to a pole outside of a restaurant while she went in to eat), but will just look away when they see a human being mistreated. :tea:

Buttercup says:

=========
    Who was supposed to be there with the baby? I know she didn’t leave him there alone.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

$6 seems like highway robbery
    —————————-
    $6 for what?! That’s just too much!!!

Keya, you work with Draya or nah? :waiting:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Buttercup says:

=========
    —————
    I’m not sure. And if someone was home with him, where did they go?! But she was leaving to go home and moving all freaking slow. :blink:

MrsL says:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

*********

I’m sure CPS will be waiting for when she gets there. :sideeye:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Keya, you work with Draya or nah?
    ————–
    :hahaha: Bye! No, but now come to find out the grand pop was supposed to be with him. So where did he go I don’t know. smdh.

Buttercup says:

$6 for what?! That’s just too much!!!
    =========
    For a friggin watermelon! And they’re just medium sized. When I was in college, my dude was a truck driver. We loaded up melons and took them to Athens. Sold the watermelons for $5 each and made a killing. The next time he brought cantaloupes too. I ate good off that money for a while.

so who called her about the smoke in the house? was it the baby? did she tell him to go outside? :mad:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

She don’t seem like the type to just leave her baby all in the house and shyt, but I don’t know. I hope I don’t catch them on the news tonight.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

————
    My guess is the person next door. I’m hoping that’s who called her. smh.

The Pearl! says:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Keya, you work with Draya or nah?
    ————–
    :Hi: Hey, Ya’ll!

But why the chick movin’ all slow? Is she terched in the head? Depressed? Run and get your baby, lady!!!!

Buttercup says:

Man, Pop-pop was going to run an errand right quick and left the baby by himself. I :pray: that the little fellow is unharmed.

Pearl! :waves:

sound like she terched and her deddy terched too :shrug:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

———–
    Mind you I told her she moving way too slow. I feel for her because she is a nice girl. I hope her grandpop is ok in the head and just did not wonder off. (no joke, because some older people do that)

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Man, Pop-pop was going to run an errand right quick and left the baby by himself. I that the little fellow is unharmed.
    —————–
    Me too. I don’t want to see them on the news.

Keesh says:

Hey yallllll!! Afternoon Roses… The comment about that damn dog just made me fall to pieces in slow motion.

Keesh says:

Hey Nakeya…whacha doing hun?

CocoKhaleesi says:

“And I don’t know what’ll become of that dog.”
    ________________________

Im gonna go out on a limb and say this person was of a lighter hue

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

um, yeah, i kinda chuckled involuntarily when i read that part

This^ And that^^