Photos by Getty Images
Nipsey Hussle is deceased and Michelle Obama is not a performing artist. But they both earned Grammy award nominations on Wednesday.
The slain rapper is up for 3 Grammy nominations, eight months after his tragic death in Los Angeles. The Grammy nominations were announced on CBS This Morning on Wednesday, Nov. 20.
Hussle earned three Grammy nods in the Best Rap Song and Best Rap/Sung Performance categories for his appearance on DJ Khaled's "Higher" with John Legend.
Former first lady Michelle Obama is nominated for Best Spoken Word Album for her best-selling memoir "Becoming."
Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images
Alicia Keys, who is the proud mom of a LGBT+ child, will return to host the 62nd annual Grammy Awards on Jan. 26, 2020. She is pictured with Mrs. Obama at the 61st annual Grammys last year.
Photo by MediaPunch / BACKGRID
Pop singer Lizzo leads all Grammy nominations with 8. The morbidly obese "Truth Hurts" singer expressed her excitement, tweeting in all caps, "This has been an incredible year for music and I'm just so thankful to even be part of it. We are all winners."
Photo by WENN/Avalon
One-hit rapper Lil Nas X earned 3 Grammy nominations, including record of the year, album of the year and best new artist for his "Old Town Road" remix, featuring Billy Ray Cyrus. "No f-cking way," Nas X tweeted on Wednesday.
Social media users dragged Beyonce back to the Dark Ages for showing up at the 2017 Grammys dressed in a costume that bears a striking resemblance to the Virgin Mary -- complete with a golden halo around her head!
Read more »
Yes, I know I'm very late with this, but Life happens in between blogging. Since everyone else has their Good, Bad & Ugly lists from the 2008 Grammys, I decided to post mine. Obviously at the very top of my Ugly list are that nigger couple Nas and Kelis. No, I don't like referring to any sista or brotha by that term, but their desperate need for attention is appalling and they are a disgrace to the black race. I have lost complete respect for those niggers.
So here are my Good, Bad & Ugly lists from this year's Grammys:
- Beyonce holding her own with miss Tina Turner. This performance officially signaled the end of Beyonce's reign in the music industry
- Usher didn't perform
- Britney spears didn't perform or show up
- Soulja Boy Tell 'em didn't perform
- Solange didn't perform
- Rap-rocker Kid Rock's duet with singer Keely Smith
- Amy Winehouse made it all the way through her set without stumbling or forgetting her words
- Rihanna winning rap collabo of the year even though Umbrella is not a rap song
- Rihanna shutting jay z down and motioning for him to shut the f up while she's talking. Priceless!
- Jay z didn't perform
- Amy Winehouse winning 5 trophies despite being banned from this country
- Amy Winehouse's shocked reaction upon winning record of the year. Priceless!
- Ne-yo winning a Grammy for contemporary r&b album of the year
- Barack Obama winning a Grammy in the spoken word category
- Rihanna hitting us with the unique one-of-a-kind ostrich feather dress
- Tina turner not needing the paramedics who were standing by with oxygen tanks during her duet with Beyonce
- The tribute to Pimp C, Ike Turner and other notables who are no longer with us
- Stevie wonder not falling on his way to the stage
- Keyshia Cole's mature new look. Beautiful!
- Quincy Jones stumbled on his way to the podium and was caught by Usher
- Rock legends little Richard and jerry lee lewis sharing the same stage
- Kanye West's off key tribute to his late mama
Read more »